Happily Waiting

The year was 1928, two years after Yakko, Wakko and Dot were created but then locked inside a water tower. Someone appeared in the middle child's shadow. A toon girl, only at the drawn age of eleven. She somehow formed in her twin's shadow.

Her twin's shadow was a empty, pitch black, foggy void with nothing but a black and white TV screen. She looked around the abyss with confusion and curiosity, she quit looking around after a bit and shifted her gaze to the screen.

She saw three toons that looked very similar to her. They had mosly black fur, with white around their faces. One of them wore slacks, another wore a skirt and a flower tying her ears together, and the one Vixie was trapped behind wore a turtleneck sweater and a baseball cap he had on backwards.

The three toons looked to be having a great ime together, being chaotic and bonding with one another. Vixie watched them play, softly smiling as she did so. 'Maybe I'll get to join them someday! And when I do, we'll have so much fun!' she thought to herself. 'I can't wait to meet them!'

Vixie kept watching them have fun and be their zany selves. She laughed along with them as they did crazy stuff, like make weird faces and crack jokes while bouncing off the walls, literally. They seemed to love being around each other. She just wished she could join the fun, and had hope and faith that she would someday.

A few days go by since Vixie first formed, she was still happily waiting to join the fun while standing in front of the screen for hours and hours. She watched their tone slowly change from chaotic to wanting out of the water tower.

She listened to their conversation.

"Its been really fun playing here for the past few years, but I really miss it." said Yakko.

"What do you mean, Yakko?" Dot asked him.

"Being outside, causing chaos. Y'know, driving people nuts. It was way more fun doing that outside than doing so here." Yakko explained.

"I feel that way sometimes too." Dot replied.

"Same here." Wakko said.

The three toons share a group hug.

Vixie walks up to the screen and hugs it, including herself in the group hug.

Vixie noticed Dot giving her a weirded out look. She waved at her but  Dot gave Vixie a uncomfortable look and mumbled something under her breath.

"What was that, Dot?" Yakko questioned.

"Oh, nothing, just thinking of stuff." Dot answered.

Vixie's soft smile turns into a confused frown. Her sister had seen her but didn't seem to like or want her presence. She felt like maybe her siblings didn't want her.

She then thought;

'It's only one of them that doesn't like me, surely I'll have a chance with the other two!'

Vixie was back to happily listening to her siblings talk as her smile returns.

"Maybe we will escape this water tower someday." Wakko said, trying to change the tone to something positive.

"Hopefully." Yakko replied. "I just don't know when we will, or even if we will."

"We just need to find out how." Wakko said.

"Exactly! And we don't know how, so we might not ever see the light of day again!" Yakko raised his voice.

"You might be right." Wakko said.

"Yeah. You have a point." Dot replied.

Vixie shifted her tone along with them. She began to feel sorry for them, they were trapped, just like she was. At least they had each other. Her, on the other hand, she was all alone, but that wasn't going to make her give up hope of meeting her siblings.

She continued hoping and having faith that she would meet them sometime. She watched them talk and get along all the time as days became weeks, weeks became months and months became years.