- Part I -

Introduction

Hello. I am Hope. This is my story. I'm just warning you, my life can be a bit violent and bloody.

Part I, Scene I

You are just dreaming. You are just dreaming! I repeated this to myself over and over. It just never was drilled into my head. Hope is a fox, but not a normal one. His father was a wolf, and the mother (who was a fox) was outcasted for loving his father. Since Hope was born, he was called names by all the forest creatures. Peril started seriously thinking about running away when he was five, but he knew the idea was dull.

Part I, Scene II

One day though, he met a strange creature. At least he thought it was strange. It was not like the other mosshoppers and streamers he saw in rivers and trees. It was stunning and majestic.

"Hi! What's your name?" said the creature.

"H-Hope... oops, i'm not supposed to share my name!"

"Nice name!"

"Thank you! What's yours?"

"Sundew, though my parents were seriously thinking about Mildew"

Hope thought for a second...

I wonder where Sundew - if that's her real name - comes from, and what is she?

Surprisingly, Sundew answered the question immediately.

"I'm a Dutch angel dragon"

"Hope, time for dinner!" Hope's parents called

"I have to go, hopefully I'll see you around?,"Hope asked Sundew

"Yeah! Bye," Sundew replied

Part I, Scene III

"Who were you talking to back there?" Hope's parents asked

"I was talking to a Dutch angel dragon by the name or Sundew," Hope replied

"YOU WHAT??!!??" Hope's parents shouted

By the tone of their voices, Hope could tell they were mad. The best thing he could do right now was put it off, or so he thought.

"I said I was squawking at a brunch wagon" Hope replied hesitantly

"Um... sounds like you have had an interesting day...?"

"I need to check something out in the forest." Hope called. He hoped that Sundew was still there.

He ran through the forest, startled by the sound of elken's footsteps that sounded every once and a while. Fortunately, he saw a flash of gold and chased after it. Along with the gold though, he saw blood.