1. daffodils.

daffodils - new beginnings and rebirth.

~💐~

          "Jungwon! Can you help the customers down here?! I need to go to see my friend!" the cries of his grandmother echoed from the shop as he then rushed downstairs to the shop, slipping off his earphones and rapidly stuffing them into his pockets

          "Okay," he hollered in reply, slipping on the sage green waist-apron as he greeted an old couple in the shop. "Hello, welcome to the Yang Flower Shop, how may I help you?" he smiled friendly. The couple gazed around the flora-filled area in amazement. The earthy scent of fresh flowers swirled across the place with the vibrant hues of the blooming petals glimmers the dull grey eyes of the couple as a smile blossomed on their faces.

          "I would like a small bouquet please—it's for my daughter—she had just given birth to my grandson but I'm unsure of which kind of flowers to give to her" the lady explained, a faint sense of worry and fear could be heard at the tip of her words, nonetheless, she still managed to smile along with her husband.

          "I'll get to it, would you like it to be delivered?" he full-heartedly asked, snatching the pen and notepad from the counter desk of the shop as he scribbled the notes of the order, "Yes, to Si Hyuk Hospital please" the man answered.

          Dashing the bouquet request down, Jungwon then shows the wide selection of his choice flowers to the couple. A giddy feeling of joy could be felt tickling the couple like a flower's pollen during spring as flowers of different shapes and sizes looked as if they had sprung out from a mystical flower field. Moments later, the couple finally decided on their choice of flowers for the bouquet. Rushing to the calculator on the desk, Jungwon grabs the device and gently taps in the price as the number comes out.

          "Your total will be 18000 won please" he informed as the couple finished their payments and left the shop.

         Jungwon then prepares the flowers for the bouquet, patiently chipping off the thorns of the baby blue roses on the working table while music ran through his ears through his earphones.

          "Excuse me?" a voice called out, however, it doesn't seem that Jungwon could hear it. Stepping into the shop was a girl. She looked similar to Jungwon's age as her eyes glistened with the sunlight.

          "H-Hello?" you called out once more, glancing around the shop as your eyes landed on Jungwon, who is quietly clipping off the thorns of the rose. Walking closer to him, you then spotted the little bell on the shop's counter. Gently ringing it, your eyes then both met. At that very moment, Jungwon was already deeply lost in your eyes.

          "O-Oh, I'm so sorry..." he apologized, yanking off the earphones from his ears and stuffing them into his pockets once more. "W-Welcome to the Yang flower shop, h-how may I help you?" he greeted, mentally slapping himself to focus. "W-Well... do you sell singular flowers?" you asked as the boy nodded. "Of course, what flower would you like?" he asked.

          "Red roses please" you answered, glancing over to the fresh arrangement of roses in the shop. "I'll get it right now" he affirmed as he fast-walked to the roses, selecting the one with the most beautiful petals and lushing in the rich shade of red there is.

          "She looks new... I never saw here around here before..." Jungwon thought. "Are you new around here?" he asked, carefully inking the rose and walking back to the counter.