Chapter 1 - The new kid

"Another semester of school!" I groaned as I took another puff from the blunt. I watched the lit part of the joint flicker, and then exhaled the smoke out, "This is good shit, Dan." My lips curled into a smile and Dan nods, not looking back at me.
We were at the abandoned basketball court in front of my school. I smoked here every morning before class, how else could I stand all those dimwits?
I passed Dan the joint and he looks at me before grabbing hold of it. "How about you skip today?" he asks me. I hesitated for a while before answering him, "They'd know. It's the first day of school anyway." He lowers his glaze and nods slowly. I hope he doesn't think I'm uncool for saying that.
I opened my phone to check the time. Fuck! The morning assembly was about to start. I packed my things and kissed Dan on the cheek before making my way to the school. I had to go through a lot of barbed wires but I finally made it.
--
I rolled my eyes when the principal started talking. Does he ever shut up? He went on and on about our goals for the year. I'm pretty sure no one was actually paying attention to him.
Except that new kid.
He looked like the biggest nerd ever, he was wearing a blue striped shirt and khaki pants with brown loafers. He was sitting incredibly still, almost like he was planning to absorb every word the principal said and write it down on his diary the second he went home.
The thought made me burst into laughter and the teachers in the back hushed me. Dumb cunts. I should be able to hush them when they're teaching, I'm pretty sure their voices were enough to deaf me. I sighed and looked at the principal pretending I was listening. Hopefully the day would pass by quickly and I'd meet Dan after school.
--
I took my seat next to the window, and dumped my bag next to my desk. I picked on my nails trying to seem like I didn't care, but from the corner of my eye I saw that new kid.
My lips tugged into a smirk when the home room teacher grabbed him by his shoulder and introduced him to the class.
"Eric" looked nauseous, I swear the only thing that was keeping him from throwing up was probably his dumb ass plastered smile. He told the class he studied in England before he came here. I snickered, who'd move from England to HERE?
Probably has dumb parents, I thought to myself and tapped my long nails on the table, bored of school already.
I averted my gaze to the Eumin, who gave a thumbs up to Eric.
What the fuck?!
My heart started pounding furiously, did they know each other? I sank back to my seat, trying to not seem like I care, but I was still staring at Eumin from the corner of my eye.
Eric looked lost in his thoughts when he walked to the desk next to mine. What was this kid's deal, honestly?
I put my legs on the table and took out my phone to text Dan. Hopefully, seeming like a complete bitch would make the stupid new kid think twice before sitting next to me.
I glanced at him and I noticed he had a frown on his face. I caught him eyeing my outfit, I was wearing a black and white striped crop top and high waist shorts with black boots. He quickly averted his gaze and I snickered under my breath.
Dan and I were chatting for w while, discussing how lame the new kid looked when the English teacher walked in. She's the bubbliest teacher I have, but she can be a real mood killer if she wants to.
I looked back at Eric with disgust, he had taken out all his stationaries and laid them carefully on his desk. Who does that? We're in year 11 for Christ's sake. He's probably an A* student as well.
Next was Global Perspectives, I hurriedly took my bag and walked over to the GP class. The number of dimwits who steal my seat are so high. When I went to the class only a few students were there and I slid in my seat quickly, it was again next to the window, but with the best view from the school. I saw Eric come in the class as well and I groaned.
Why?!
I felt threatened, was the dumb kid following me?
Mr. Riley walked in the class and his voice boomed across the room making us jump. Eric looked mortified, it was hilarious. After he talked about the basics of this semester, Eric raised his hand and Mr. Riley had to go and talk to Eric about how we would be graded. I took this opportunity to text Dan about the two obnoxious twats sitting in front of me, Harmony and Lily. They were giggling and gossiping, probably about boys.
I sighed, all girls are the same. I'm so glad I'm different.
Mr. Riley's voice boomed again, this time to announce that we'll be doing a small group assignment, each group consisting of a pair. I shifted nervously, unsure of who my partner would be because I don't have any friends in this class.
Mr. Riley walked up to Eric and said something, I saw his Adam's apple bobble up and down as he looked at me and smiled meekly. "Daisy and Eric." Mr. Riley gestured towards me and smiled.
I grabbed my bag and went to sit next to the nerd. I huffed and sat down, clearly annoyed. He was staring at me curiously and I glared back. "Get your books out, nerd." He nodded quickly and did as he was told.
This is gonna be easy, I lowered my head and smiled.
He better be good at this subject, otherwise I'll make Mr. Riley change my partner.
GP class went by quickly, Eric didn't talk much so I didn't bother either. We just researched on tradition and culture, we decided to focus on Sri Lanka, the neighboring country. When we were packing our bags, I mockingly asked Eric, "Are you going to the party tonight?" He glanced at me nervously, and thought about it while studying my facial expression.
I was trying so hard not to laugh because I knew he'd say no, he was a nerd anyway. He started to speak and then stopped, but spoke again "I don't know, I'll think about it." I nodded and while I was walking away I burst into laughter.
Even if he did want to go, I didn't tell him the details so there's no way he would come.
I snickered, fucking with this kid would be fun.
--
The rest of the day went by quickly. I was relieved when the last bell rang and everyone hurriedly went down the stairs.
Before I managed to go down the stairs myself, I saw Eumin in front of the art room.
He flipped his hair to one side dramatically and smiled at me.
I froze, confused he was smiling at me but also ecstatic. I tugged at the hem of my shirt and smiled back at him. Euphoria took over my mind and I felt like my whole head was filled with clouds and cotton candy. I saw Eumin and I laying down on top of the fluffiness, naked. The thought made me so happy my cheeks turned rosy and I fluttered my eyes.
My happiness was destroyed the second Eric came out of the art room, and Eumin's attention diverted.
Eric and Eumin engaged in a small conversation and I felt my blood boil.
What the fuck?!
I felt my ears heating up, Eumin was mine! Who the fuck does Eric think he is? He can just join this school and steal him away from me?!
I thought about going over and punching him in the face, but I decided not to because if I get in trouble one more time in this school I'd get expelled.
Eumin was worth getting expelled for, but not seeing him ever again was not.
I fumed down the stairs and texted Dan to calm myself down.
I loved both Eumin and Dan, but only one at a time. I loved feeling scandalous and they both fulfilled my thoughts, I smiled to myself. Thoughts of Eumin filled my head and I licked my lips slowly.
Eumin has and always will be mine, nothing can stand between our love.
I'll make sure to plot something against Eric.
This dumb cunt better watch out.