Chapter 4

[Harry's POV] I sat down on my couch once Sydney left, and my phone started ringing. Niall? Why was Niall calling?

"Hello?" I answered.

 "Hey Harry," his Irish accent sounding thicker through the phone.

"Hey Niall," I said a little awkwardly, considering I hadn't spoken to him, or any of the boys for that matter, since I left London.

"When are you coming home, mate?" he asked, well, more like choked into the phone.

"I don't know, Ni."

"Please, Harry, I can't take it anymore. I'm sick and tired of them screaming at each other and then asking me who's right. I just end up crying half the time because I don't want this all to end, and I feel like you're the only one who understands that." I felt bad for leaving Niall, I really did. But I couldn't do it anymore.

 "Come to New York."

"Huh?" he asked.

 "Come stay here for a while. It really helps clear your head."

 "I doubt it. All I've been thinking about has been the band. I'm losing sleep, Harry."

"I haven't thought about it until I got that dreaded call this morning."

"Oh, I heard about that.. she didn't sound too happy."

 "Good," was all I replied. There was a pause. "So what do you say? Come stay here for a while- I'm having a birthday party Friday. Plus there's someone I want you to meet."

I waited for his answer. "Okay, I'll come."

"Alright mate, see you soon." I hung up the phone and sighed with relief that I wasn't the only one who felt the way I did about the band.

[Sydney's POV] I arrived home about an hour later, and the smell of my mom's cooking filled the house. "Hey, I'm home!" I yelled, shutting the door behind me.

 "Hey sweetie, how was your exam?" my mom yelled from the kitchen.

"Not bad, actually," I said, plopping down on the couch. Not even a minute went by until my doorbell rang. "I got it," I yelled. I opened up the door and my jaw dropped in surprise. "AMANDA!" I squealed, throwing my arms around my best friend and giving her the biggest bear hug I've ever given.

"Hey Syd, missed you too," she said with a laugh.

"Oh my gosh, what are you doing home?" I asked. Amanda, and Julie, and I had been best friends our whole lives. It was always the three of us. But Amanda had decided to go away to college in California, so I barely got to see her.

"I had a few days off after exams, so I decided to surprise you!" We both squealed and hugged again.