1. First Day Of My Life

Stuart woke up at 5 am to get ready for the day just as he usually does. He turned his alarm off and sat up, rubbing his eyes, still hugging his stuffed bunny. Carefully setting the toy beside him, he stepped out of bed and started his day.

  Most kids hate Mondays, but our boy Stuart cherished them, as he did with most little things in life. In his perspective, Monday meant the start of something new. Not to mention, his home life was... well... boring, I suppose.

  It's been just him and his mom for the last 6 years. At the age of 11, he fell out of a tree, causing all of his hair to fall out. When it grew back, it was a brilliant bright blue. His father was embarrassed by this new look but chose to ignore it. Shortly after that, Stuart got into a car accident, turning both eyes completely black. That must have been the last straw for his father because, one morning, Stuart and his mother woke up to find his father was gone.

  His mother was a great mom. She worked as hard as she could to make sure Stuart was always happy- even if that meant never being home. You see, his mom was a flight attendant. Her job meant she was always traveling so it was rare to see her around. This left poor Stuart alone most days. He didn't mind too much, though. He had his stuffies to keep him company.

  Stuart loved to dress slightly feminine. It's just who he is. The way that he dressed usually made him the target of much bullying from his classmates and even teachers. Today, he was wearing a black Talking Heads t-shirt expertly tucked into a black mini skirt with rainbow thigh-high socks and black Converse. He didn't bother with his hair since it was just naturally beautiful (in the author's opinion). Skipping breakfast, he grabbed his backpack and started walking to school.

  A mere two seconds after the poor baby merrily skipped through the door, he was stopped by none other than Tony Chopper. Tony was the school's assmonkey. Everyone hated him but would never say that to his face for fear of what he would do to them. He bullied just about anyone but Stuart was his favorite to torment.

  "Hey faggot", Tony sneered. Stuart cringed as Tony strode towards him, each step down the dirty hallway stealing the goofy smile from his pale face. When Tony reached Stuart, he pushed him to the ground and walked past him. Stuart watched as Tony walked away and waited until he rounded the corner before scrambling to his feet and running to his first period class, English.

  As soon as he arrived, out of breath and heart racing, he sat down in his seat in the front of the class. He pulled out his phone and browsed tumblr for a bit before the bell rang and class started. He obediently put his phone away and got out a pen and notebook, ready to learn.

  "Okay guys", Mr. Sweet started. "As we're working on writing fiction essays, I think you'll have some fun with what I have planned." He rubbed his hands together and smiled, clearly excited about whatever he was about to announce. "You're gonna write your own short children's book!" he exclaimed. The class was silent.

  "You'll have one month to work on it. You'll be working with Ms. Pilgrim's art class to illustrate it." Stuart perked up at this. His best friends, Russel and Noodle were in that class! "Not only that, but you'll have a partner to write with, just as Ms. Pilgrim's class will have a partner to illustrate with."

  The whole class immediately started looking around, turning to their friends and asking to be partners. Mr. Sweet continued talking about the project but no one was listening. Stuart sat there, looking around, but no one wanted to be his partner. No one ever wanted to be his partner for a class period, let alone a whole month. Well, except Paula Cracker. She had a huge crush on Stuart. Actually, crush is an understatement. She had more of an obsession, really.

  Mr. Sweet walked around handing out the rubric and sat back down, telling everyone to get with their partners. Stuart got up and looked around. Not a single solo person in sight. He turned around and walked up to the teacher. Mr. Sweet looked up at him, already knowing what Stuart was going to say.