Providence

~"Stupid child! Now we have to buy a whole new set of dishes!" A caretaker yelled at a 9 year old Walter, who was on the floor, trembling with a shattered plate beside him. The caretaker growled, raising his hand to slap Walter. Walter quickly shut his eyes, preparing himself for the pain, but it never came. He heard a slap, but he felt perfectly fine. He opened his eyes, seeing (h/c) hair swaying in front of him.

"Y/n..." Walter mumbled, not understanding why she would protect him. Her head was to the side from the slap, her body shaking a bit. He hardly knew her, and here she was protecting him from the orphanage caretaker.

"You little bitch!" The older man yelled, grabbing her by her hair. She yelled as her body was dragged behind him. Walter looked at her with confusion and worry. She smiled at him as she was dragged away.

____________________

"Why would you do that, you idiot?" Walter grumbled, dabbing her scrapped cheek with an alcohol pad. She jerked a bit from the stinging sensation, but tried her best to stay still.

"Because he's a jackass." Y/n mumbled, looking to the side.

"Besides..." She said, looking Walter in the eyes, causing him to hesitate with his movements.

"It would be a shame if your pretty face got scuffed up." Y/n smiled as giggled, seeing the blush on Walter's face.

"I didn't ask you to help me." Walter spat as he practically slapped a bandage on her cheek.

"Owie... I know you didn't, I just wanted to." Y/n stood up.

"To be honest, I don't fit in well with the other girls here... They say I behave too much like a boy..." Y/n mumbled, but smiled again as she took Walter's hand.

"So, I'd like to become yours!"~

____________________

A 14 year old Walter and Y/n stood in front of each other outside of the orphanage, a tall blonde man wearing an expensive suit waiting behind Walter.

"You promise to stay safe?" Y/n asked, a look of worry and sadness on her face.

"I'll try my best. I'm bound to get into trouble without my protector." Walter smiled, holding out his arms and made a squeezing motion with his hands, urging her to come closer. Y/n giggled and threw her arms around Walter. She burried her head in his chest, while Walter rested his chin on the top of her head.

"I'm gonna miss you, Y/n. Don't get in too much trouble. And at least try to get along with the girls." They both laughed a bit, pulling away from the hug.

Walter reached into his pocket, two silver rings glistening in his hand. Y/n's eyes widened, before sticking her hand out, knowing what Walter had in mind. Walter slipped one of the rings on her finger, and slipped the other on his.

"I promise you. One day, I will come back for you."

____________________

'Today is gonna suck...'

Walter mumbled to himself as he got dressed. Today with his tenth year being with the Hellsing Organization, and ten years since he had to say goodbye to his best friend and love interest.