4 | First Kiss

I sometimes forget about my dislike for Choi Yeonjun.

There were days like that. For example, his birthday. Where he needed all the attention to himself and I wasn't allowed to fight him or had any kind of a debate with his highness. It was one of those days.

"Mom, I'll be back by evening!"

I ran out of the house and heard her usual 'Enjoy yourself Rachel' before she shut the door behind me. I danced my way to Yeonjun's house and entered without a knock because I was excited like that. His parents weren't home and he and I were going out for lunch. He was treating me today as it was his birthday.

"Choi Yeonjun. Come down quickly!" I plopped myself on the sofa and waited for his majesty to grace me with his presence. My eyes glanced at the gift I had bought for him. What if he didn't like it? I swiftly hid the gift into the bag and closed the zipper. "Ya! Aren't you coming?" I called for him again.

When no reply came from his side, I frowned. Footsteps came behind me and I stood up, ready to smack him in the head when someone else came into my view. I unconsciously stepped back, "Who... Who are you?" I asked, a bit startled.

The boy looked like someone around my age. He couldn't be thief. Could he? I stepped back again and his hand came out to hold my hand as I stumbled upon a chair. I straightened up, and he slowly let go off my hand. Why wasn't he saying anything? Why was he staring at me like that? "Hi..." He cleared his throat and extended his hand towards me.

"Who are you?" I blinked twice. I wasn't going to shake his hand before he introduced himself.

"Song Rachel." Yeonjun came downstairs then. He looked back and forth between both of us. "Oh you've met my friend, I see. He's Wooyoung. My co-trainee."

"Doesn't he know how to talk," I murmured and took his hand, which was hanging in the air, into a handshake. "I'm Rachel."

Wooyoung nodded. Then leaned toward Yeonjun. "I didn't know you had a girl friend," he muttered under his breath, but I heard him. "I had to take time to come out of shock. You should have told me."

Yeonjun elbowed him. "Wooyoung is joining us for this lunch. You okay with that?" he asked. I shrugged. He already had the guy over, what did he expect me to say? No, Choi Yeonjun. I don't want your friend to join us? Yeah. No.

We went out to the birthday boy's favorite restaurant and settled down. He excused himself to give our orders, leaving me with Wooyoung alone. To be honest, if I ignored our first encounter, he was a pretty handsome guy. I was almost awestruck by his beauty when I saw him earlier. Only if he hadn't ruined it by being a wallflower. I tapped my finger on the table and felt his stare on me.

"I'm sorry. I was too surprised to see you there." Wooyoung shifted on his seat. "I thought... I thought Yeonjun had another guy joining us. Didn't know it was a girl. Not that it's a bad thing."

I shook my head. "He has a lot of friends. Girls too. I'm just one of many." Looking around, I saw a bunch of girls staring at Wooyoung and whispering among themselves. "Guess, you attract a lot of attention wherever you go. Huh?"

"No. Not really," he mumbled, turning his head away.

"Don't you have school to get to?" I snapped at the girls. They made a face but walked away. Wooyoung lifted his head and looked at me wide eyed. "What? You wouldn't have been able to enjoy lunch with them digging hole into your face."

He chuckled. "You're really something, Rachel."

"Thank you, Wooyoung." I flicked my hair dramatically, but grumbled when Yeonjun smacked my head. "Do you want to die on your birthday?" I glared as he sat down. He looked at me bored.