The Night before you see him and the Night with Nathan Ribau

Y/n: your name
Bsf/n: best friends name
y/un: your username
Dad
This is also based on irl of my time in the Soo, except I didn't actually ask what you say in this lmao(and if you're Nathan reading this, uh.... I can't tell you much of what to do for y/n sooooo I'm sorry hahaha)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were excited to go to the Soo to watch Nathan play again. You've been waiting for 6 months to see him again. You hinted to your parents what you wanted most for Christmas, and it was to see him again(if you don't believe in that, oh well). And your mom kept asking what you wanted, and you kept saying that you wanted to see Nathan again. Every time she asked you.

Finally, after your parents talk, your dad decides to take you and bsf/n there. March 26 was the day you've been waiting for.

The night before, you were watching Giordano Biondi when he came back to town after his trade to the Bulldogs. And you made a pretty swag sign for him.

Later on that night, you wait for him outside because of COVID restrictions in the arena

Later on that night, you wait for him outside because of COVID restrictions in the arena. And you couldn't tell who it was, but bsf/n yells, "GIO!!"

You're just standing there, "oh shit."

You run up to him with your sign and a 1L jar of maple syrup.

"Hey," you say.

"Hey," he says back.

"Can you sign this?" As you give him the sign.

"Sure. Anywhere?"

"Yeah, I don't mind where."

He signs by the part, "tell a friend

He signs by the part, "tell a friend."

As he hands you back the sign, you hand him his 1L maple syrup jar.

"Oh wow, thank you," he says in shock.

"You're welcome!" You smile.

He puts the maple syrup in the bag he got from his family and proceeds to get on the bus as you two walk away from each other.

The day of seeing Nathan again, you went to bed around 1 am that night, and you wake up around 8 hearing your mother say that your grandpa is already boiling the sap water before it goes into maple syrup(it's a long process, around 9-10 hours since it's over the fire and not manufactured).