Dreams of Wind ~Venti~

In honor of his rerun, we start off with Venti! Let me know if you like shorter one-shots like these :) Enjoy!

-----

Returning to Mondstadt felt like a dream, but here I am, standing in front of the doors to the city. It'd only been a few months, but time had drawn out so much that it felt like years since I've last seen the city I've grown to call home.

As I walked through the city, a faint smile grew on my face. Everyone looked the same, the atmosphere the same, everything so reminiscent of what I left. Reminiscent of the archon I so dearly missed.

"Y/N!" a voice called from behind me, "you're back!"

A chuckle escaped my lips as I turned to face the voice, "It's been a while, hasn't it?"

Amber, Jean, and Kaeya were grouped near the fountain, the pyro waving her arms very animatedly, ushering me towards them.

"What's got you back in Mondstadt?" Jean asked, that professionality she tried to maintain almost breaking, her smile nearly shining through.

"I've seen a lot these past few months, but while I find comfort in Liyue, and action in Inazuma, there's really nothing that compares to Mondstadt, is there? Figured I'd stay around for a while, I've got a few people to see."

After a few minutes of chatting, I dismissed myself, night growing nearer and nearer by the minute. I had one person to see, the sole reason I really came back.

The closer I walked, the more that ache grew in my stomach, the fluttering in my heart. I suddenly felt very conscious of the wind that blew my hair from one side to the other. The breeze.

No sooner did I find myself sitting on the palms of freedom, legs dangling into the air. If there's anywhere I'd find him away from Dvalin (or getting kicked out of the tavern), it would be right here. Playing whatever song he felt was right, smiling out against the dark sky, the moon lighting up his face.

I was otherworldly. I came as a traveler and through my journey, learned of myself to be an adeptus of sorts. An adeptus from another world, falling in love with Mondstadt's own archon. A love story doomed for failure, I thought, there's no scenario where I'd possibly have such a chance to be with him.

"Waiting for me?" his voice called, instilling those butterflies that no one but Venti could stir in me.

"Of course not, obviously I'm waiting for Diluc on Barbatos' statue at nearly eleven at night." I laughed, feeling him shuffle himself into the spot next to me.

"Most people give notice before they just wait for someone,"

"Maybe I just knew you'd show up for me, Venti," I sighed, leaning back on my arms to look up at the sky, "you've always shown up when I needed you."

"And you need me now?" He asked in that teasing voice, the voice that I'd listen to for hours.

I looked over at him for the first time in months and felt my breath hitch in my throat. I knew it was him, from the way he spoke to the way he sat next to me, but somehow seeing him right next to me once again took my breath away.

"Well?" He smiled, now facing me, while lacing a finger under my chin, "cat got your tongue, Y/N?"

We had never interacted like this before. Maybe I had spent so much time away I had misremembered how our interactions used to go. But I knew in my gut that he had never touched me like this before.

I turned my head away from his hand, trying to keep his vision of my blazing cheeks to a minimum.

He reached around and pulled me to face him again, getting his face breathtakingly close to mine, a deathly smirk on his face "hey, why're you ignoring me? Did you not come to see me?"

I could nearly feel myself choke at this point, the air catching in my throat to the point where I felt like I could barely form words, "I-"

He chuckled, his face slightly disheartened, as he pulled his hand away from my face. The ghost of his fingers left a cold tingle on my face as I yearned for him to hold me again.

"I always need you, Venti." I mumbled, finding sudden interest in my lap.

"You couldn't comprehend just how long I've waited to hear you say that,"

I barely had time to register what he said before I was pulled into his lap, his arms holding me to his chest.

I looked up to him, his multicolored eyes met staring into mine as he smiled the only smile I needed to see for the rest of my life.

"Venti, I-"

I bit my tongue, there was no way I could be misreading the situation, right? This was totally an appropriate time to profess my love, right?

A soft pair of lips pressed to mine, cutting my thoughts short. To say I melted into his arms would be an understatement. The cold wind which nipped at my skin was replaced with the warmest sensation I could've imagined.

"I love you too."