12

BRIEF TOPICS OF DOMESTIC ABUSE

HARRY

FIVE MONTHS LATER

I can't live without her.

It took me way too long to realize it but now that I have her, I don't want to let her go anywhere without me.

I can't help but think about this as I watch her sleep beside me. The sun is shining bright through my bedroom window. Sage's been staying over at my place every night for the past three weeks, which I'm more than elated about and so is Luna, she's been so excited to have sleepovers with Tate every day.

I thought they wouldn't handle it well or that they'd get tired of spending time together, but it's actually been the opposite. They're closer than ever and still want to do anything and everything with each other. Luna even asked the other day if we were a family when we were having dinner, which had Sage choking on a piece of chicken.

Sage and Tate are over tonight for dinner and a possible sleepover with both of them – which I very much hope Sage agrees on staying. She's slept over a few times but she always tries to be nonchalant about it, meaning I always have to ask her a few times but she ends up caving in every time.

I decided to make dinner which wasn't as hard as I thought it would be given that I was freaking out on a decision. I decided to take it easy and chose to make a simple grilled chicken meal with grilled veggies. I was about ready to scrap everything I made and just order takeout but it turned out good. Everything needs to be good for them.

They both arrived half an hour after I finally finished cooking which gave me time to set the table and settle Luna down from her excitement to see Tate again. Once they arrived, I settled them in the dining room while I brought the food.

"I hope you're hungry, stars." I tell the kids who have excited smiles plastered on their faces.

"I'm sooo hungry, daddy." Luna exaggerates with a sigh that makes Sage and I laugh at her in amusement.

"I hope you like my cooking. I don't do this a lot." I tell Sage nervously as I serve the kids.

"I'm sure it'll be perfect, you're good at basically everything." She assures me.

"Sure." I tell her with a smile.

"I'm being very serious, Styles."

"Just taste the food then let me know your seriousness." I serve her a portion with nerves running through me.

She looks at me then laughs to herself as she cuts up some chicken. I finally sit down and don't touch my food until everyone at the table is satisfied. I watch as Tate and Luna struggle with their chicken piece and help them by cutting it into smaller pieces.

"This is so good, H." I turn my attention to Sage who has her eyes closed in satisfaction over the flavors. "I told you," she points at the food, "you're literally good at everything. I don't know how you do it."

I can tell she means it because of the way her face is lit up which makes my shoulders drop in relief and a soft smile appear on my face, "Thank you, sweet girl." I peck her lips.

"Ew, daddy!" I hear Luna say.

"What?" I playfully ask her.

"Kissing is gross!"

"But you love my kisses, moon." I pout.

She shakes her head and I gasp at her.

"Tate, do you love my kisses?" I turn to him and he's just silent with a smile on his face.