Chapter Seven [Techno]

//violence and blood later in the chapter

⚠ ⚠ ⚠ ⚠ ⚠ is the start and 3 ⚠ ⚠ ⚠ is the end of the potentially triggering content

I hope yall enjoy

~~~~~

Rose Tea

Chapter Seven [Techno]

He could feel it, the bruising to his arms. He couldn't believe what he was doing. He was just supposed to be a simple farmer, nothing more. He didn't want to go on some grand adventure, and he didn't want to be some hero. But here he was, defending against some idiotic thugs while letting others get to safety. Since when was he a charity? Since when did he care that much about the lives of strangers he barely knew.

Techno grunted as another guy slammed into him, he was doing all he could to deflect the potentially harmful weapons like daggers and knives, as long as he could avoid losing blood, he would be fine. The bruising made his flesh feel tender and sore.

"Looks like your pals left you for dead, porky, guessin you feel pretty beat up, huh?" It was the same guy. The same loser who kept chiming in to taunt him. The one with the scars over his chest.

"Hey, Boss, why don't we just beat him down then go drag those brats back over here. Make him watch what happens when you mess with the Diamond Gang."

"Wait, hold on," Techno interjected and winced, "You guys call yourself the Diamond Gang? That's like the least intimidating gang name ever," Techno laughed in between pained breaths. He might as well be just as foolish, always looking to say a snarky retort. Now really wasn't the time, but he couldn't help it. The gang stopped attacking him for a moment, "At least name yourselves something scary like Cat Barf, or something."

"You think this is funny? You making fun of our gang?"

"What can I say, guys, I'm just not that scared of a group who calls themselves the Diamond Gang," Techno shrugged. He could see the angry glares of the other guys, but before they could jump back on him again, a hand was raised.

"Hold it, let's not get ahead of ourselves. He's alone now, let's off him nice and slow," the man snapped his fingers and the crowd dispersed to surround Techno. He wasn't sure if this was better or worse for him. The ring of people around him each pulled out a knife or a dagger and pointed their blades toward the center of the circle. Yeah...this was looking pretty bad for him. But there was no off switch for his mouth, he couldn't help his responses sometimes.

Their boss, if he could be described as such, entered the ring with a dagger in hand, "Enough playing around, pig. This is where we kill you."

"Heheheh, why don't we talk about this? You see, if we're being honest, I don't really have anything against you guys. So why don't we call it even–" Techno redirected the guy's stab by pushing the arm that attacked him in another direction, "No seriously let's talk–"

Techno jumped out of the way and nearly stumbled back into the ring around him with knives jutting out. He was doing everything he could to avoid getting stabbed; he feared the consequences.

"Tch," Techno clicked his tongue. He didn't know how he was gonna make it out of this one. He could handle all the beatings, but he had to avoid blood being drawn at all costs.

"Come 'ere you–" the man launched himself at Techno and Techno sidestepped. The fight was in full swing now. He ducked under a swipe and carefully rolled away. Someone from the crowd kicked him in the back, he gritted his teeth and pushed back the growing rage in his stomach. He was in control. He was fine.