New Year's Day

there's a few time skips, i tried to keep the dates in so it lines up! happy reading!!

december 25th, 2017

"lenny! WAKE UP! santa came!" she screamed as she started to shake me awake.

"i'm up, i'm up. god what time is it?" i asked as i rubbed my eyes before reaching for my glasses.

"uhhh there's a four on the clock?" she said looking at my alarm clock by my bedside table.

"flower...it's 4 am! mom and i need sleep, so we're sleeping for a little bit longer." i said exhausted

i put my glasses back down and she started throwing a fit. "he came! i want to see what he brought me!!"

"faith, calm down. i get it you're upset but i'm exhausted and i bet momma is too." i said trying to reason with her

"NO! GET UP!" she screamed.

i groaned and got up pissed off at her and walked to my moms room,  proceeding to flop down on her bed when i reached it.

i audibly groaned into the pillow and i could hear my mom move around.

"GET UP!" faith screamed from the doorway while stomping her foot.

"mommmm" i groaned.

she flipped over to face me. i looked up at her shocked she was awake, "she already bugged me, i sent her to you."

"i'll make us coffee..." i sighed and sat up.

"are we finally opening presents?" she asked getting excited.

"after we make coffee and start breakfast." i said looking down at her. she was blurry to me because i don't have my glasses on.

i should've just left them on...

i walked down the stairs towards the side because i could hear faith come running from behind me. my god is she needy this morning.

"HE CAME" she screamed again.

"i have not had enough coffee for this" i mumbled and my mom laughed from behind me.

i started to brew my mom and i coffee, while faith investigated all of the gifts.

"how does she have so much energy?" my mom asked while she pulled out the cinnamon rolls from the fridge.

"because she wasn't up all night wrapping gifts like we were-"

"wrapping gifts?" she asked as she ran into the kitchen.

"oh shit." my mom blurted out.

"hey i'm not telling her you are. i had to tell her about dad, you can tell her about the big man up north." i said laughing as i made my cup of coffee.

my mom just sighed and told faith about santa and how he wasn't real while she made the cinnamon rolls.

"so it's actually you?" she asked

my mom nodded and i looked at them. "hey don't forget i help too sometimes"

mom then mentioned how i helped pick out a lot of her gifts this year and faith just nodded.

i guess it's a lot to take in at 4 in the morning. me too sis, me too.

i soon went out and sat on the couch, curled up in a blanket and texted our friend group chat.

i did expect to get some responses since it's 4 in the morning here and 12 in manchester, but somehow i didn't for a whole other hour.

...