Chapter 23

Well, I contemplated a lot about what Raavi's reaction should be like. I am still unsure But here goes! Haven't proofread.

Chapter 23===========================Raavi was nor sure what to say or how to feel. Shiva Pandya. Her bandar. Her bhoothnath had taken her by surprise when he had asked her to meet him in the morning because he had to tell her something. Never in her wildest dreams had she expected him to bare his soul out to her, to repent all of what he had done, to recognize all the pain she had gone through so far. He hadn't said it out loud but she knew, she knew in her heart that he loved her. Shiva was always known as someone who was fiercely protective of the people he loved. He would always face head-on any kind of adversities that came his family's way undeterred by the intensity of any situation.

Last few weeks, she had seen the change in him. He had thrived to be there for her in every possible way. She would have never vouched for her bhoothnath to be this caring and loving. She had only seen him care for his mother and his Bhabhi and had hoped that one day he'd treat her that way too. And that day was finally here. But was he too late? She couldn't forget the fact that they were divorced. What would happen if Shiva and her decide to get together again? What about her college, would she have stop her studies again?

A million questions kept popping into her mind which were interrupted by Shiva who called out to her saying, "Raavi, tujhe kuch kehne ki zaroorat nahi, main kuch bhi expect nahi kar raha tha iss sab ke badle mein, tu tension mat le, chal main tujhe ghar chod deta hoon" and jumped off the tree and held out a hand for her to climb down, looking dejected.

She climbed down without saying a word and as he was about to turn away to leave, she flung herself on him, pulling him into a tight embrace, sobbing into his chest, without thinking of the consequences. At that moment, all she wanted to convey to him was that she acknowledged his efforts, that he truly was forgiven but no words came out of her mouth. Seemed like Shiva could understand what she was trying to say because he just held her closer to him, tightening his arms around her, trying to get her to calm down. After a minute or two, she relaxed in his hold and looked into those deep intense eyes of his, which were looking at her with utmost love. "Raavi, tujhe sacch mein kuch kehne ki zaroorat nahi hai" said Shiva ensuring her, patting her back gently.

"Shiva, main phirse teri ore keeche chali jaa rahi hoon, par mujhe darr lag raha hai ki kahin phir se sab kuch toot ke bikhar na jaaye, kyun ki iss baar mein seh nahi paaongi, already humaare beech itna sab kuch ho gaya hai, mujhe pata hai pichle kuch dino tune apne aap ko kaafi badla hai mere liye aur main uss ki respect karti hoon par mujhe humaare saath saath khud ka bhi future ka dekhna padega, mere college ke exams aa rahe kuch time mein, phir mujhe apne liye job bhi dhoondhna hai, aur iss sab mein main yeh nahi keh rahi ki tujhe main ignore karoongi, bas mere liye jitna tu important hai uthna yeh sab bhi hai, toh iss liye samajh nahi aa raha ki main kya boloon, main tujhe dobara nahi kho sakti Shiva" said Raavi tearfully and honestly.

"Main samjhta hoon Raavi aur main kahin bhaage nahi jaa raha hoon, promise, tu apne hisaab se tujhe jo karna hai kar, jo tu chaahe main tujhe nahi rokhunga, par meri kuch shart tujhe maani hogi" said Shiva maturely.

"Shart? Kaisi shart?" said Raavi, wide-eyed with curiosity.

"Yahin ki har din tujhe college drop aur pick karne kal se Krish nahi main aaonga, aur sham ko tujhe ek-do ghante mere saath bitana hoga, aur tere mann mein jo bhi chal raha ho tu sab kuch mujhse share karegi, aur main bhi aaj se sab kuch tujhse share karoonga, bol manjoor hai?" asked Shiva raising his eyebrows in anticipation.

"Done deal" said Raavi, offered her hand to seal the deal.

He took her hand to shake and then pulled her closer to him, and her heart started beating faster and faster due to their proximity. One of his hands snaked across her waist holding her tightly and the other held up her chin so that she was looking at him. He leaned forward and kissed her forehead lightly and whispered, "Deal". She started blushing profusely and looked down shyly smiling causing his face to lit up brightly.

Gaining her composure back she said, "Waise tera naam sahi rakha hai maine "bandar", kaise ped pe chada tha" giggling still in his embrace.

"Haan toh, aaj toh tu bhi chadi thi, meri bandariya" said Shiva smirking, causing her cheeks to turn crimson red.

Raavi wanted to free herself from his hold, but Shiva just didn't want to let go. As she tried to wiggle out of his tightly wound arms, he just stood there shaking his head, refusing to let go. Finally she looked at something behind him and said, "Kaki aap?" and panic set in his eyes, causing him to loosen his hold over her and she started laughing, "Kitna fattu hai tu Shiva" continuing to point at him smugly.

"Ae chipkali Fattu kisko bola" said Shiva ready to chase her, while she ran away from him.

"Chipkali rukh" said Shiva as he chased her around the tree as she tried to escape from him laughing uncontrollably. Shiva finally decided to hide when she wasn't looking. And as Raavi looked back she couldn't spot him anywhere. So she got a little worried and started searching for him when a hand grabbed her palm and pinned her against the tree. He stepped closer to her while she closed her eyes saying, "Shiv.. Shiva tu yeh kya kar rah hai"

"Agar main fattu hoon, toh tu toh sabse badi Shechu hai" he whispered into her ears softly caging her between his arms. And before he could continue further, the phone started buzzing causing Raavi to heave a sigh of relief.

"Ji Gaumbi, ji main aata hoon" responded Shiva and ended the call.

"Woh Gaumbi ne dukan ke kuch kaam se bulaaya hai, humein chalna chahiye" said Shiva clearly irritated.

She nodded in agreement as they walked back to his bike. The bike ride back to home was much different, because both of them were extremely overwhelmed and happy about whatever had transpired between them. They kept sneaking glances at each other and getting shy as they caught each other's eye while doing it.

He dropped her off at Hardik Bhai's unwillingly, this time the feeling was mutual, she didn't want to leave him either, but it was time to bid good bye. "Bye Raavi, main kal tujhe college chod ne aaonga, pann abhi mujhe jaana hoga, apna khayal rakh" said Shiva sadly.

"Bye Shiva, main kal tera wait karoongi" replied Raavi with a faint smile and turned to head back in when there was a tug at her dupatta. Shocked, she immediately said, "Shiva kya kar raha chod" and looked back only to find the dupatta stuck to his bike.

He smiled instantly saying, "Lagta hai meri bike bhi nahi chahti ki tu mujhe chode jaaye" while trying to untangle the stuck corner of the dupatta as he watched her turn slightly pink completing avoiding eye contact.

At last, he bid her a final goodbye and made his way to Pandya Store when a child came out of nowhere in the middle of the street, to avoid an accident Shiva turned his bike to the side, thus crashing into a cart and falling off.

=============================Do you think Shiva's okay?Also, what do you guys think of Raavi's reaction and Shiva's newfound boldness?