The Dark Forest

It is snowy in daytime, Harry is out in a main courtyard, bundled up, with Hedwig on his arm. He stops and she lifts off, soaring away into the sky. As the time passed when she returns, it is now spring time. In the library, (Y/N), Harry and Ron are seated, reading until Hermione comes up with a huge book and thumps it onto the table making Harry jump. "I had you looking in the wrong section! How could I be so stupid? I checked this out a few weeks ago for a bit of light reading." Hermione said. "This is light?" Ron asked, causing (Y/N) to giggle. Hermione glares over at Ron for a moment. "Of course! Here it is! "Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone!" Hermione said. (Y/N)'s eyes widened. "The what?!" Ron and Harry asked. "Honestly, don't you two read?" Hermione scolded.

"The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It will turn any metal into pure gold and produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal." (Y/N) explained. "Immortal?" Ron asked. "It means you'll never die." (Y/N) said. "I know what it means!" Ron snapped. Harry shushed him. "The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist, who last year celebrated his 665th birthday!" Hermione said. "That's what Fluffy's guarding on the 3rd floor. That's what's under the trapdoor...the Philosopher's Stone!" (Y/N) said. They all look at each other in concern. It is nighttime in the castle grounds, (Y/N), Hermione, Ron and Harry are running across to Hagrid's hut. They knock on the door and Hagrid, who is wearing an apron and oven mitts, opens it from the inside. "Hagrid!" Harry said. "Oh, hello. Sorry, don't wish to be rude, but I'm in no fit state to entertain today." He begins to close the door. "We know about the Philosopher's Stone!" The four shouted. Hagrid opens the door again. "Oh." They all come into Hagrid's hut. "We think Snape's trying to steal it." (Y/N) said. "Snape? Blimey, (Y/N), you're not still on about him, are you?" Hagrid asked.

"Hagrid, we know he's after the Stone. We just don't know why." Harry said. "Snape is one of the teachers protecting the Stone! He's not about to steal it!" Hagrid said. "What?" Harry asked. "You heard. Right. Come on, now, I'm a bit preoccupied today." Hagrid said. "Wait a minute. One of the teachers?" Harry asked. "Of course! There are other things defending the Stone, aren't there? Spells, enchantments." (Y/N) said. "That's right. Waste of bloody time, if you ask me. "Ain't no one gonna get past Fluffy. Hehe, not a soul knows how. Except for me and Dumbledore. I shouldn't have told you that. I shouldn't have told you that." A cauldron over a fire begins to rattle. "Oh!" Hagrid hurries over and grabs something. "Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!" He places it on the table. It was an egg. The group crowds around. "Uh, Hagrid, what exactly is that?" Harry asked. "That? It's a ... its um..." Hagrid said, not sure how to explain it. "I know what that is! But Hagrid, how did you get one?" (Y/N) asked. "I won it. Off a stranger I met down at a pub. Seemed quite glad to be rid off it, as a matter of fact." The egg rattles and cracks open as pieces fly off; a small baby dragon emerges. It squeaks and slips on an egg piece.

"Is that...a dragon?" Hermione asked. "That's not just a dragon. That's a Norwegian Ridgeback! My brother Charlie works with these in Romania." Ron said. "Isn't he beautiful? Oh. Bless him, look. He knows his mummy. Hehe. Hallo, Norbert." Norbert squeaks as it looks at Hagrid. "Norbert?" (Y/N) asked, then looks at Harry and Ron who smile. "Yeah, well, he's got to have a name, doesn't he?" Hagrid asked. Ron laughs. "Don't you, Norbert?" He raises fingers back and forth across Norbert's chin. Dededede." Norbert backs away, until he hiccups and blast a small fireball into Hagrid's beard. "Ohh!" He quickly pats out the smolders in his beard. "Oooh, ooh, ooh, well...he'll have to be trained up a bit, of course." Norbert hiccups. Hagrid sees someone looking in the window. "Who's that?" It turns out to be Draco Malfoy, who scampers away. "Malfoy." Harry said. "Oh, dear." (Y/N), Harry, Ron and Hermione are walking back through a corridor as an owl screeches. "Hagrid always wanted a dragon. He told me so the first time I met him." Harry said. "It's crazy. And worse, Malfoy knows." Ron said. "I don't understand. Is that bad?" (Y/N) asked. "It's bad." Ron said.