Chapter 1

This is the story of me . I write it believing that someone will get me and my mom out of this hell hole .

I pray to God each and every day , asking him to send an Angel to save us from my monster of a Father.

I hate him with every bone in my body. How I wish to poison his food . I can't do that though , I'm not a murderer . It's not in me to kill someone.  That too my father.

The door creaks open and all I can do is open my eyes to see who it is .

It's my father .

He walks to me and I can't help but start crying.  I don't know what he wants to do. 

Perhaps he's here to release me .

I've been locked up in the big closet for almost a week now .

No food  , nor water .

I'm shivering from the cold that has made it's way in the closet.

I can't even stand up . Saying I'm hungry would be an understatement . I'm starving.

"So. I see you have learnt your lesson , Belladonna." My father says in his deep and cold voice .

The way he speaks alone sends shivers all the way down to my toes .

In case you were wondering why he just called me Belladonna instead of Celestria ... He doesn't want anyone calling me Celestria because it means 'Heavenly' and he's evil .

He calls me Belladonna because he wants to associate me to his evilness. 

My mom calls me Celestria when he's not around. In my dad's presence, she calls me Belladonna because she knows what he'll do to her if he ever hears her call me Celestria. 

"I think it's time I release you." He says . "You're now aware of what disrespecting me contributes to.  TORTURE."  He emphasis the last word .

He stands up and walks away . Leaving the door open .

Thank God !

I was going to die here if he didn't release me .

I wince in pain when I try to get up .

He beat me up brutally before locking me up in here .

He kicked me , punched me , kicked me again,  and punched me again until I was pulled in a well of darkness .

I missed work for three days and I know my boss will bite my head off . I have to think of many excuses to tell him .

I'm only eighteen and I'm forced to work . I help my dad pay the bills and I'm also saving to get enrolled in a private school . That has always been my dream .

School's have closed so I had to look for temporary full-time job . I work as a waitress at some restaurant in town . The income is not quite a lot . But I don't have anywhere else to work .

I get up using my own weight as my support system. 

I'm in so much pain . Unbearable pain . Indescribable pain .

Before I can do anything,  I go to the kitchen to find something to put in my tummy .

I open the fridge and it's only full of my dad's beer .

What did I expect ? That I would find a fridge full of food?

I head to my room and the first thing I do is take a shower.  I'm glad the geyser is switched on .

Else I'd be bathing with freezing cold water .

I stay in the shower for God knows how long. 

After bathing,  I get dressed in my casual outfit and leave for work .

I'm glad it's still early.  I'm in Pain yes , but I can't skip work . My boss will fire me and I can't afford that .

I've not seen mom this morning.  She must still be asleep. 

I leave the house . I walk all the way to work . My muscles complaining and begging me to stop and rest a little but I obviously don't listen to them .

I'm now a few steps from my work place .

Thank God .

Not proofread