chapter 18

"Celestria.  Wait!" The numbskull called Duncan calls out for me.

What exactly does he want ?

"Belladonna!" He calls again.

"It's Celestria!" I finally stop in my tracks. Turning to face him.

"Yes. Celestria. Look , will you give me a chance to explain myself.  This is all a erroneous situation. Just give me two minutes. That's all I need" He says.

"Well , you're now left with one minute , fifty five seconds " I say.

"Okay. Look , that day during the party.  It wasn't me who drugged the drink. It was koby who did. " He says .

"Oh spare me the drama .Everyone knows that you were trying to make it seem like it was him who spiked my drink. God knows what you'd have done to me if koby didn't save me from you " I say , with clear disgust in my voice.

"What you heard Is all you believe. I know you might not remember anything but that doesn't mean you can't pick some puzzles up and put them together.  " He said.

"What do you mean to say?" I ask him.

"I didn't want to drop a dime but I have no choice. Koby made me seem like the fucking bad guy while the truth is that he's the bad one . I know you'll be hurt after I tell you this but it's for your own good ." He paused.

"Koby plotted a plan against you. The plan was to pretend to be nice to you and make you think he actually likes you then gets into your pants. Film you and him having sex then uploads the video to the whole world" Duncan says.

What ? Koby would never do that . I know he can't.

I mean , he always checks up on me each time. He even sent me a text message earlier today comforting me.

We are getting along pretty well , so why would he ? No , Duncan is lying.  I'm certain he's lying.

"Are you done trying to blame everything on koby ?" I say .

"I'm not trying to put this on him. I'm just trying to save you from him. I'm telling you he's not a good guy. Why do you think he came to apologize to you out of nowhere? " He asks.

"Because he has a good heart . Unlike you who don't give a fuck about anyone. You didn't even care about how I'd feel after you tried to molest me" I say.

"No , it was part of his plan" He says.

"I'm done listening to your bullshit. " I say , walking to class.

I was already a few minutes late because of Duncan.

I get in class and koby shoots me a "where have you been?" glare.

I'm not sure if what Duncan said is true.

Could koby be planning something against me ?

What would he gain though ?

I don't know if I can trust him.

Do I even trust him ?

Yes , I trust him.

Could I be making a big mistake by trusting him ?

I look at him and his eyes are already fixed on me.

I look away quickly.

Mr Anderson starts lecturing us and informing us that we have an upcoming test we needed to prepare for.

He said he doesn't know when we will be writing it and that he'll inform us when he knows the date we will be writing.

He kept asking me questions. 

I didn't answer any of them,  not because I didn't know,  but , simply because I was still thinking about what Duncan said.

I know he's just lying. If it's true then I'll never want to talk to koby again.  Not even want to see his face.

I'll hate him more than I hate my dad and uncle.

The lesson ends and I leave the class.

I meet my friends in the hallway and we both head to the cafeteria.

We sit and start eating and chatting.

Carlos was on his phone the whole time.

Something was definitely bothering him.

I know for a fact.

I need to find out what it is that's bothering him.

"Celest" A hand tapped me on the shoulder.

I looked back to see who it was. It's koby.

"Hey koby" I said and looked away from him.

I didn't know if I should trust him.

"Can you come with me for a few minutes?" He asked

Should I?

I looked at Tamara and Carlos 

Tamara nodded "yes" . Carlos , he... he simply looked at his phone.

"Okay " I stood up and followed him .

"What do want?" I asked him .

"Don't be bitter towards me. I just want to talk to you " He said.

"Well , you need to tell me quickly cause I also have something to discuss with you . Something probably serious than what you want to tell me " I say.

"Something serious?" He asked

"Yes, it's something Duncan told me earlier today " I say.

He looks uneasy all of a sudden.

"What did he tell you? " He asked.

I told him everything Duncan told me. I could see his face turn red from anger.

Was he pretending?

"I just want to tell you that if you play with my feelings , I'll never forgive you again. That'll be the end of our friendship " I told him .

"Do you believe him or you believe me ?" He asked.

I don't know.

I stay silent for almost a minute.

"Do you trust me Celestria?" He asked again. Louder this time.

"I don't know koby . I don't know who to believe" I said.

"You can go fuck yourself if you believe Duncan " He spat , walking away.

Why Is he acting up? I just said the truth . He asked me if I trust him and I just said I don't know.

He can also go fuck himself !

I don't care about him.