Remember her?

Hey! So, this is my first at posting a short story on here, hope you like it :)

*       *       *      *      *      *      *        *      *          *          *        *       *     *      *

The music was blasting loud, outside the club people would guess the names of the song or remix playing, waiting to get in.

Inside standing at the bar were two old friends meeting up for the first time in a while.

Zack “Hey man, been here before?”

Bailey “A few times, yeah. Drinks are pretty good, girls are nice and give shows if you know what I mean, and the music ain’t too bad either.”

Coming off the dance floor are two girls, a little ways away from the guys.

“How ya doin’ hun?” Mae asked.

“Not bad.” Replied Lynn, “Too much fun dancing out there! Are the guys comin’ soon?  Rose is out there dancing and I think she is close to being half wasted.” Pointing to their blonde girlfriend out on the dance floor.

“Haha looks like our girl is having fun. The guys should be here any minute.” Mae said as she checked her phone again.

They head back out to the floor.

“Hey.” Zack asked, “You recognize those girls?”

“Which ones?” Bailey asked.

Zack points out Mae and Lynn.

“Oh shit… that’s Mae and Lynn… from way back before.”

‘They look good.’ Zack thought

Bailey sipped his beer. “Still together, just like before. Lynn looks good. She sure knows how to look hot in what she’s got and she sure can dance. Look at her go.”

Nodding in agreement, Zack kept his eyes on Mae as she danced, completely taken by the music. “Look at Mae. Haven’t seen her in ages. She sure did grow up. Nice curves, playful hair still. Not in all black. Wonder if they would remember us.”

The girls were out on the floor. Their friends did show up, they were all dancing in a group. Rose was grinding between twins; Lynn and Mae were dancing with each other and on their own, catching most of the guys’ eyes in the club. One of the twins head over to the bar as the group moves to a private party lounge upstairs. The guys ask Allen, the twins, a few questions.

“Hey man. Can I ask you something real quick?” Zack asked, tapping on Allen’s shoulder.

“Sure man, what’s up?”

“Those two girls that were dancing in your party, the tall white girl in the green and blue short dress and her friend, the black bodied girl in the gold and brown dress, who are they?”

“You mean Mae and Lynn?” asked Allen, “Oh, you boys don’t stand a chance with them. Don’t bother. Both have guys and are just out for fun tonight.”

“Think we got a chance to dance with one tonight?” Bailey asked.

Allen thought for a moment then spoke. “Lynn, maybe. It’s not official yet between the guy she likes and her. But Mae… you might get a dance, but don’t go thinking that she will spend any more time on you. She’s in a pretty serious relationship and her man won’t be happy to find some guy like you annoying his girl.”

“Mae’s got herself a guy? How long has that been?” Zack asked, raising an eyebrow.

“They’ve been together for three or four years now.”