Chapter 13: Breakdown Burgers

I don't know why I made part of this chapter emotional, but then again a fair amount of this book will be. Also I made some kick ass nachos so here's those.

This chapter in a nutshell is basically (POV: you break down and your wolf boyfriend treats you to burgers

This chapter in a nutshell is basically (POV: you break down and your wolf boyfriend treats you to burgers.)

Anyways, cut to Summit's apartment now.

Saturday
1:45 PM
Summit's Apartment, Edgewood, NMC

"Just put those in that cabinet over there, thanks." Summit said, referring to his multiple pies.

"Got it." you said, grabbing and stacking a few of the little boxes and putting them away while the wolf stowed away his precious soaps and shampoos in the bathroom.

Summit comes back out and walks over to you, leaning on the counter near you. You knew exactly what was happening, and you were dreading it.

You shoot him a look. "You're gonna ask about my well-being aren't you? Dude, I'm fine." you said.

"I know but...I want you to feel comfortable enough to talk with me about this. I told you about my nightmares, and you were dead set on helping me get over it."

"Okay, yeah I get that, but I don't have any nightmares or any actual issues. I just wasn't told that I was...very...I dunno, wanted?" you said, putting away another few pies.

"What do you mean? Has no one ever told you they appreciate you?"

"I mean...in writing, I guess. Never really...heard it before."

Summit looked a little shocked, but looked away for a moment, seemingly thinking about what he should say next.

"Uhm...okay. May I ask you a...personal question?"

You roll your eyes and turn towards him.

"Fine. If you must."

"How was your relationship with your parents?" he asked.

This caught you off guard. No one's ever asked you about your parents at all, except maybe Hailey once, but you just said you didn't want to talk about it. You'd think after knowing someone for years you'd be more comfortable talking with them, but since Hailey gets uncomfortable when faced with touchy subjects, you effectively kept it to yourself. Summit was the only person you'd ever met who was actually willing to listen.

"It was...distant. They were hotshot business people, so they were almost never home."

"Mhm..." Summit said.

"And they...rarely ever directly spoke to me. No phone calls, just really dry texts and asking if I was keeping up with my schoolwork." you continue.

"So...you were just left alone?"

"Yeah. And y'know in Welborne that could only go so well. People broke in sometimes, but police never came. Only when I got shot did they come."

Yep. You had been shot before. June 8th, 2008. You had been walking home and took a detour down a pretty sketchy area. Two dudes came up and tried to take your iPod, and when you tried to fight them off, they popped one right in your shoulder.