Chapter 3

I woke up by the sun going through my blinds, finally..not a rainy day. But the first emotion I had felt was...panicking..and my heart was beating fast, like I'm nervous.

Had I forgotten something? Did I leave something on? I quickly got up and went everywhere in my apartment. To the bathroom, now to the kitchen. I had today off, I always have the weekend off. Thanks to Patrick.

It's probably something small I had forgotten to do. I walked back to my bed and laid back down, then it hit me.. "Mom!" I yelled to myself, I had remembered that I had to pick up my mom from the subway station. "Shit!" I said again and ran to my door.

I quickly put on my jacket and heading out, closing the door but not locking it in time but I don't really care. I ran downstairs and into the garage, where my car is. I quickly got in and drove to the subway.

Every month since April, my mother had been visiting me. I pick her up in the subway and go away from Gotham for the weekend, but I might think she wants to stay in the city for a bit. Which I don't like, I don't want to put my mom in danger. She's the only parent who I know is alive..that's what I think.

As I slow my car down to look for my mom, then I found her..talking to someone. He is carrying her suitcase then a another one in his other hand. It's probably someone who's helping her, or just a friend. I stopped my car as I went next to her. Then I got out of the car to help my mother with the suitcases.

"Oh hello darling!'' She walked up to me and hugged me with joy, then she moved away, still smiling. ''Isabelle, say hello to my boyfriend..Albert." Albert put his hand out for a handshake, which I took. First of all, why didn't she tell me earlier? I'm her child, she should trust me. Second of all, this guy looks trustworthy but I don't trust him..yet.

I felt uncomfortable when we did a handshake, it feels weird to meet someone who you didn't know. ''Finally, I can meet the famous Isabelle!'' Albert and my mother both chuckled at the comment but I quickly forced a smile to please my mom. 

When they both got in the car, my mother in the passenger seat and Albert in the back, I couldn't help it when I remembered the first time driving, my mom was in the passenger seat and one of my friends in the back of the car. It was a fun time but I did not like it one bit since later that week, that friend went missing.

''So..where do you want to go?'' I asked and turned my head to mom, she looked me then at Albert then back at me with a expression I couldn't explain. "Well um...Me and Albert wanted to see Gotham actually.'' She forced a smile at me..I knew it,  I want to say no and I want her plus Albert to stay away from Gotham as possible, but the other half of me wants her to see the updated of the city.

"Oh..ok, we can go to Gotham...I don't mind!" I forced a smile once again and drove away from the subway, now to Gotham. Woo hoo...

I opened my apartment door with my two fingers awhile I was carrying the two suitcases, "Oh my goodness! I love your apartment!'' my mom said in a cheerful tone and Albert nodded in agreement. I lead them to my small guest room, "Here is your room for..today." I dropped the suitcases and took a deep breath.

I didn't know what was in those suitcases but it felt like there was bricks in them. They both walked in seconds later, "I leave you guys alone for a bit.." I say before closing the door and took a deep sigh.  

I'm happy for my mom, finding someone else after years of my father's disappearance...but it feels out of place. She changed personalities in point of my view, she used to swear a lot and used to smoke but now she seems happy. I know I sound like a over-thinker but something feels off. But if shes happy...Then I'm happy.