Hidden secrets

Look at you! You’re such a freak!” the kid said as he pushed Yuno down, Yuno tearing up.

“I’m not a freak!” Yuno shouted. He started to get up, but was pushed down again.

“What a joke! Have you seen yourself! You’re freaking ugly! Even your smile is disgusting! Everything about you is cringe! Yuno’s cringe! Yuno’s cringe!” The other kids started to chant along with the first. On the ground Yuno cried as he looked up to them, believing he was truly ugly.

“Leave him alone assholes!” a voice suddenly shouted, before the leader was punched in the face.

“Raymond!” Yuno shouted, shocked. The other kids, seeing the girl show up, ran. “Fucking assholes,” Raymond muttered before turning to Yuno.

“Are you ok?” Raymond asked her twin, helping him up. Yuno just nodded. She stared at him before sighing. “What did they say?” she asked.

Yuno looked down, muttering, “Nothing.” Raymond frowned.

“Fine, whatever, let’s just go home,” she grabbed Yuno’s hand, dragging him from the playground.

The twins walked on the side of the road, making their way home, when Yuno tugged on Ray’s hand to stop. She turned.

“Yuno what-“ she cut off when she saw her brother picking up an abandoned helmet. It was a little dirty, but Yuno rubbed most of the dirt off with his sleeve. He then put it on and walked on ahead of Rae.

He turned when he noticed she wasn’t following. “We can keep going now Raemond,” he said, his voice coming out a little muffled because of the helmet. Rae looked him confused.

“Why are you wearing that helmet?” she questioned. Yuno looked away from her.

“It’s comfortable, I like it. Are we going now?” Rae bit her lip. She knew what those boys said to him. She then noticed a paper bag a little farther ahead. Raemond ran to it.

“Raemond?” Yuno questioned as she picked up the paper bag. Raemond turned it this way and that, before nodding to herself. She the ripped to holes into it with her small fingers. After that, she put it on her head.

“Raemond!?” Yuno exclaimed, confused, seeing what she was doing. With the bag over her head, she turned back to him.

“Come on Yuno, let’s go home,” Rae started walking again. Yuno ran up to her.

“Why did you put a random bag on?” he asked her. Rae stopped and looked at him.

“Why did you put a random helmet on?” she asked in response. He didn’t answer her, and Rae started walking once more.

“Come on Yuno, we got to make sure no one stole our house.” she waved him along. He ran to catch up.

“Wait Rae! Why would anyone want to steal it? It’s abandoned! Rae, don’t leave me behind!” Yuno called as he followed along his sister, both keeping their new accessories.