day 1

I'm not entirely sure what's going on. For a moment, I was being electrocuted. But all of a sudden, it just...stopped. Wait, was I even being electrocuted? Whatever, it's not my problem. 

I can't move my arms or legs, but I'm too exhausted to anyway. My entire body aches in pain, which probably confirms that I was being electrocuted, but I'm still unsure. My ears ring as soon as I realize they do, and my vision is blurry. Even so, I can see someone standing in front of me. Then the faded memory of his name comes back.

"Aus...tin?" I mumble. It's hard to speak, but at least I can. He seems startled. "Austin?"

"No, shut up," he growls. I can barely make out what he's saying through the ringing. "This wasn't supposed to happen. Why did the chair stop? What did you do?"

I don't want to answer. I can't remember who he is beyond his name, but I feel so vulnerable that I'm scared of him and his tone. When I start crying, that's when he starts freaking out. "Shit, stop it, stop doing that. Oh my god, I'm gonna get my ass beat. This was not part of the plan."

"What...plan?" I ask quietly. That gets an empty laugh out of him.

"You don't remember, do you?" I try to shake my head, but there's something on it. "Do you even remember your name? Say it."

My name? That's easy. It's...uh...

"It's Henry, you idiot." He sighs. "At least half of it worked. You're practically a blank slate. But what if..." Austin widens his eyes. "No, probably not."

Henry? I think I remember that name, but I don't like it. "What are you...talking about?" I ask, a little louder. I'm getting a bit of my strength back.

Austin groans and crosses his arms. "Do you remember anything about yourself from the name Henry?"

"Um, maybe." I think I remember something. "I'm...male."

"Yeah. What else? You're male and your name's Henry. Speak up."

"And I...I'm dead."

"Mhm."

"And I don't like you."

"Bingo. Can you at least remember how tall you are?"

"No, but I remember you're taller than me."

"That's lovely," Austin says, rolling his eyes. Before I can respond, we're teleported into a stark white area and the face of a girl is staring at us.

And she looks really, really mad.