Chapter 11 (Part 2)

The maid saw that Shen Mo looked like an honest Simple man, but didn't expect him to speak so eloquently, so she haughty replied, "Just tell us, where do they sell this? Not to mention, what kind of treasure can a village ger like you can afford, but we can't? If so, then we better dress like beggars as well!"

Shen Mo reprimanded: "Tian Xiang, this miss is rude." However, there was not much blame in his tone.

Zhou Jing had already told Shen Mo that he might encounter such a situation, don't panic and the next step is to tell the truth.

Shen Mo had already prepared in his heart, things went according to the plan, so instead of panic, he felt calmer.

"This Miss, I know what I'm about to say by looking at me could indeed be suspicious, but please allow me to finish speaking, and you will know that what I say might really be the truth." Shen Mo lured mysteriously.

The county magistrate's wife observed his demeanor carefully. He really doesn't look like someone of a deceiver. She think that there might be some hidden secrets that she doesn't know. Besides, that 'lipstick' that he painted his lips with looks really good, making her mind that no matter how difficult it might be, as long as he can say it, she will definitely find a way to get it.

If this color is applied on her lips, she will definitely take advantage of her beautiful complexion to look more beautiful and show it to the country magistrate. Those Concubine in his backyard are not as beautiful as her because of the young age anyway.

The county magistrate's wife nodded, and Tian Xiang said reluctantly: "Tell us, Master agrees to listen to you for now."

Shen Mo then continued, "I got this thing by chance, it's just luck. Presumably Miss also remembers the heavy rain a few days ago. Well, the rain was heavy and it lasted for a long time. After it stopped, no one in the village dared to go up the mountain, but my husband did not know what was going on and insisted on going up the mountain. My husband and I stepped on the mud and entered. About halfway up the mountain, I saw a strangely dressed man lying on the ground with blood on his body. My husband and I hurriedly stepped in and helped him with some common hemostatic medicine to help him up, and fed him some hot water that we brought along."

"After a while the man woke up, but he had blue eyes, I thought it was a monster and screamed. He told me not to be afraid of him, and gave us a lipstick as a thank you. It's a life-saving grace."

"At the same time, he also said his identity. According to himself, he is from the other side of the sea. People there are yellow haired and blue-eyed like him, and they are dressed in weird clothes, and they have a lot of things we don't have here. This time he came here to do business, to bring things from the other side of the sea and to here."

"But unfortunately, a storm sank his boat, and he was blown to the land. Waking up in an unknown place, separated from his friends, he originally wanted to go to Fucheng to inquire about where his homeplace might be....." He sighed, "This lipstick was brought from his hometown over the sea which is absolutely not available here. I thought it was a business thing, and it was not easy to bring it from a long distance, so I was hesitant to take it but he said he didn't want it. He thought I was refusing because I wasn't aware of its value, so he told that only the nobles can afford this lipstick in their place, and one is worth hundreds of taels in exchange for the silver we have here!"

"What?! hundreds of taels?! Nonsense! What a swindler! " Tian Xiang shouted, disbelievingly.

Shen Mo deliberately wondered: "He didn't ask me for money though, how could he be swindling me?"

Tian Xiang stopped talking immediately, but the county magistrate's wife asked, "Where's that person now?"

The county magistrate's wife was born in a business family. Her family has traveled everywhere since she was a child. She had some knowledge, and she also heard from her grandfather that there lived people over the sea, who did not have black hair and black eyes, but yellow and blue eyes.

Here, most of the people doesn't have good things here, and they will come here on a big boat. The things on it are all precious treasures, and it is not an exaggeration to say that they are worth a thousand dollars.

One of the treasures is colored glass, a small piece, the size of the palm of your hand, and the carvings are crystal clear. The expensive ones are even bought with gold.

So when he said that this lipstick was worth a few hundred taels. The county magistrate's wife  believed it, especially when they described the people they rescued were yellow haired and blue-eyed and dressed in strange clothes.

Now she just wants to know where that person is. Not to mention buying a few lipsticks, there must be a lot of treasures on him. If her family can catch up with this man,then...

Thinking of this, the county magistrate's wife asked anxiously. After repeating: "Where's that person? In your house?"

Shen Mo shook his head: "He left, he said he had a lot of treasures on him, and if he was found out, he would be killed. After he said that, I wouldn't dare to keep him. I'm just from a poor family, I can't afford to lose my little stuff and poor family just to save a outside man!"

The man has already left.... the county magistrate's wife could only regret it, thinking in her heart to send a letter to her parents' family, if they could find that person, no matter what he would price it, all the goods are to be bought my her family.

Suddenly, Shen Mo said: "Madam, your skin is so fair. If you wear lipstick of this color, it will look very good. It's not as rough as my village poor ger's skin. It's a waste of good things."

Tian Xiang immediately perked up proudly and started, "Of course! Because our madam is the country-"

"Tian Xiang!" The county magistrate's wife interrupted Tian Xiang's words on time, and she turned to him with a disappointed heart: "It's a pity that the person is gone."

"Madam, don't be sad, I have it with me here, you can try it if you like, I can't say when but you can buy it when the big ship from the other side of the sea comes next time."

It's easy to say, but at such a long distance, in between there are many storms at sea, and the ship to have arrived once every eight or ten years is already a good news.

Shen Mo took out the tube-shaped lipstick, the pitch-black bottle immediately made the well-informed county magistrate's wife like it. Especially when I found that it was so delicate and small, it turned out to you have to twisted it out, then twist opposite to let it in, it was so fun and unique that she couldn't put it down for a long while.