𝑥𝑣. ᴡʜᴏ's ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀʟ ʙᴏss

ᴡʜᴏ's ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀʟ ʙᴏss
𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑜𝑟

ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏʏs ᴏꜰ ᴀᴜʀᴀᴅᴏɴ ᴘʀᴇᴘ sᴛᴏᴏᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴇɴᴄɪɴɢ ʀᴏᴏᴍ, getting ready to start their practice as Sam heard them chatting before practice

ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏʏs ᴏ ᴀᴜʀᴀᴅᴏɴ ᴘʀᴇᴘ sᴛᴏᴏᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴄɪɴɢ ʀᴏᴏᴍ, getting ready to start their practice as Sam heard them chatting before practice. Sam stood in the hall next to Lonnie, strapping the gear onto her body before grabbing a sword. "You sure this will get us on the team?"

"Has to." Lonnie stated determined. "I'm tired of being told i'm too weak to do a man's job." she spoke, putting the fencing helmet on, Sam doing the same.

"Let's show them who's the real boss." Sam muttered, guarding outside the door.

She heard the grunts and yells of the boys, hearing them fight with honor. Lonnie nodded to Sam, before they both ran in the room, attacking the first people they see.

Carlos and Jay began attacking the random people that came in their practice arena. Carlos was yet to realize that Jay got moved out of the area, making him and Sam the only two battling.

Sam was able to trip him, taking him to the ground and snagging his sword, pinning him to the ground with her foot. She saw that Lonnie already revealed herself, so she took her helmet off, revealing her short hair and sweaty face.

Carlos smiled proudly as she lifted him off the ground, hanging onto her hand a little longer before letting go. Jay finally walked over, putting a hand on Carlos' shoulder as Sam and Lonnie high-fived. "Not bad." Jay spoke with a smirk.

"You should put us on the team." Lonnie suggested, Sam nodding in agreement as she blew a stray hair out of her face. Jay made a face of consideration, before Chad interrupted.

"Hey, w-what?! No, no, no. We'll-- We'll be the laughing stock of the league." Chad chuckled, Sam giving him a very hard glare. "And what's gonna happen next? We'll have girls playing tourney? Come on, guys."

"What's wrong with that?" Carlos asked, making Sam look at him with a soft smile. Carlos sent her a nod, as if it were no problem.

"Have you not read the rule book? Section 2, paragraph 3, 11-4. "A team will be comprised of a captain, a co-captain, and eight men." Hmm? Why don't you read the rule book?" Chad bragged.

"Okay, yeah, but you're down two men!" Lonnie yelled, upset about her and Sam being put down for being women. "I mean, since Ben had to leave to do all that king stuff, and Snow-White's son got transferred to the Falcons last month!"

"Exactly. We're down two men." Chad smiled wickedly, finding the girls defeat amusing.

"Jay, Carlos, for me?" Sam muttered sadly, looking at her two favorite boys. Carlos looked to Jay, who just shook his head.

"I'm sorry, Sam. Coach trusts me. Me and Carlos aren't gonna be captains if we just throw out the rule book." Jay admitted, watching as Sam's eyes go from sad to betrayed.

Sam looked to Carlos, who only mouthed an "i'm sorry." to her. She looked back to Jay, scoffing. She heard Lonnie's footsteps retreat, before turning to Chad and slapping him right in his face. She panted as she looked at him in anger.

"That, was for 6 months ago, for giving me hell. And for being a sexist pig." Sam walked out of the Amphitheater, Carlos running after her.

"Sam!" Carlos called to her, making her turn around. She gave him a small smile, walking back towards him. "I'm sorry about all of that." he apologized. "I honestly want you on the team."

"It's nothing new. It isn't your fault either." Sam admitted, looking to the ground, cursing herself for how nervous this boy had made her.

"If it makes you feel any better, you got me good in there." Carlos laughed, her following his actions as she looked back up, looking him in his cocoa brown colored eyes, smiling ever so slightly.

"Sam, will you go to cotillion wit-"

"Sam, let's go! Evie needs us!" Lonnie yelled down the hall, smirking at what she had just seen between the two 'friends'.

Sam and Carlos sighed, looking at each other yet again. "I'll see you tonight okay? Seven o'clock sharp, don't be late to your own movie marathon."

Carlos laughed. "Wouldn't miss it for the world." Carlos smiled, letting her walk off to Lonnie. She waved at him one last time, watching him wave back, before she was out of sight.

Carlos sighed, looking down to see Dude looking at him. "Yeah, it wasn't the right time, okay?" he petted the dog beside him, before going back inside the Amphitheater.

 "Yeah, it wasn't the right time, okay?" he petted the dog beside him, before going back inside the Amphitheater