02. Sudden Invitation

Insert Song:
Spitz ♫ Time Travel

ʚ♥ɞ

Saguru's Daily Notes (Pages 13-15)
Wednesday, January 7, 2015
Everbright Secondary School of Science / River Valley Middle School

♔∴∵∴♔∴∵∴♔∴∵∴♔∴∵∴♔∴∵∴♔∴∵∴♔

I hadn't seen Shiho since Monday, and I've missed her even though it was only one day of us apart. In fact, the first day I came to this school, the principal said that since I was an excellent student, I could take the math course with the "eighth graders." who are a year above me. Knowing that, I was looking forward to seeing Shiho there as well, as it was my first class yesterday, and she is in Year 8 herself. But, she was not there. Perhaps she had another teacher, or had math at a different time. I was a bit disappointed, as she was my first friend at school. Either way, she was going to be at French class today, so it was worth the wait.

This morning, I greeted her with "Good morning," but there was no reply. It was fine anyway. The teacher announced that we would be practicing our speaking after the morning announcements. I was looking forward to hearing her voice during the activity.

Actually, during the announcements, a school basketball match was announced to take place tonight at the rivaling school. After the announcements, a classmate approached me and invited Shiho and I to watch with her, holding up three tickets. Shiho looked at the girl hesitantly before she accepted the invitation. I accepted as well. The classmate then gave us our tickets. After that, I was wondering why Shiho felt the need to accept.

So, I searched for her during lunch, and she was alone near the running field, at the tables. I may have startled her because she fell out of her chair once I said "Hello."

"G-Good afternoon," she blinked at me. Although I reached out my hand to help her stand, she stood up herself, and dusted off her dress. Then, she checked her arms and legs for any cuts and found none. "What do you need?"

"You know, you don't have to go to the match," I explained.

"I know that," she told me. After a short pause, she continued. "I'll go with you."

I did not ask for any other explanation, and I was delighted to take her with me. "Then, where shall we go before the match begins?"

"Since the game is in River Valley, we should go to Hartville Bakery first," Shiho's eyes lit up as she suggested our meeting spot. "First, I'd like to take a detour to the university to drop off some important papers, and we'll be good to go."

I nodded, agreeing to all of her terms. "Of course, are we going right after school?"

She thought about it, and then said, "Sure."

So, after school, there we were, walking perhaps 3 miles to somewhere I was not very familiar with. I was thankful that Shiho was there to guide me through the city. Apparently, though, she had only moved here 2 years ago, and had moved around a lot throughout her childhood because of her parents' jobs.

Once the university was in sight, she told me to stay on the park bench while she dropped off her papers. She rushed back to me after 20 minutes, and we went the other direction, instead of passing by the university. I was confused at first, but then we passed through a flower way. When I saw the flowers ahead, I understood why we went this way.

She looked around at all the flowers with a small smile. Then, before I knew it, we had arrived at Hartville Bakery. We both paid our fair share for the sweets, and we sat down to eat.

Then, we took a bus to River Valley Middle School, and met up with our classmate in front of their school's gymnasium to watch the match.

River Valley Middle School won. 48-5.