Chapter 1- Beatris

Moving in the middle of my senior year isn't the ideal situation, but if my mom thinks it's good for our family then I guess I have no choice but to go with it.
My dad recently passed 3 weeks ago and so far it's been the worse 3 weeks of my life. Reading is the only way I can get through my day without going insane. It's a lot better than facing reality, which is, no friends, no dad, hating life, and being the new girl in the middle of the year. But here I am walking into Layton High.... alone.
"Hi!" I am greeted by a woman with the biggest smile I've ever seen. "You must be Beatris!"
"Yep. That'd be me." I give her a tight smile doing my best to look at least a little happy.
"I have a student coming any minute now to show you around."
As soon as she says that the hottest guy I've ever seen my whole life walks in. Tall brunette boy, huge smile, nice jawline, muscular, and while I'm basically drooling over him he introduces himself.
"You must be Beatris." He says in a low husky voice as he smirks at me knowing that I was staring at him.
"Um yeah. That's me." I look down at my feet and under my breath I whisper "This is gonna be fun," and I roll my eyes. I don't need a hot guy ruining my plan to keep a low profile this year.
"I'm sorry I didn't catch that. What'd you say?" He asks continuing to smirk at me.
"Oh no I was nothing." I know he heard me. "Shouldn't you be showing me around?"
"Yes I should. This is gonna be fun Tris." He says copying what I whispered under my breath.
Tris. He called me Tris. Only my dad has ever called me that, but why do I like the way it sounds coming out of his mouth. Ugh this boy.