06.

       With a robe tied around me, I held Willow's paws in my hand and danced with her to the music

With a robe tied around me, I held Willow's paws in my hand and danced with her to the music. It was nearing five thirty in the afternoon and I was fresh from a shower for my second date with Desmond. To my surprise, he called me early this morning on his commute to work and actually had me smiling and grinning at eight o'clock in the morning. He also told me to dress casual for the date and while I took that as maybe sneakers and jeans, I still pulled out a sky blue skirt set.

It sat on my bed with the white square toe heels to match but I was hesitant to put it on. I wasn't concerned with being over-dressed. My concern was having the wrong shoes. Did I need to tone the look down with sandals or sneakers? Or were the heels okay? Not really wanting to stress it too much, I decided he could tell me whether to change them or not once he arrived.

I let go of Willow's paw and let her return to the living room as I walked over to my floor mirror. PARTYNEXTDOOR circulated throughout the loft causing me to twirl and gyrate my waist in front of my reflection. I just did it on you, girl I'm out here getting to the money, blowin these hunnits. I dropped into a squat slow popping my ass to the tempo before laughing to myself and going back in my closet. Instead of dancing, I needed to be doing my makeup.

"Style or no style?" I leaned over my mirror flipping my hair from to side after spending forty five minutes on makeup.

The sound of my phone triple vibrating on my vanity made me glance down to Desmond sending me a thirty minute ETA. I sent an okay then asked about the heels. He quickly responded with a no to heels but anything else was fine. Just when I thought I'd keep the outfit. I changed it out for black ribbed leggings, a black graphic tee, and orange and white Nike dunk lows. I kept the pop of orange with a Brandon Blackwood bag.

I filled Willow's bowl with food, her bowl with water then sat on my sofa taking selfies until Desmond arrived. I didn't want him to know exactly where I lived, therefore, I had him call me once he was downstairs.

"Wish me luck, Willow," I gave her a rub and pat on my way out the door. I was nervous yet excited with hopes this date went as well as yesterday's.

He stood outside his truck, tapping on the hood and taking in his surroundings until he saw me through the lobby doors. I exited just as he rounded the front end to greet me. He wore a pair of cream fitting sweats, a cream COWBOY tee with Nike mocha dunks on his feet and a brown NYC trucker hat. He looked nice.