chapter one !

she felt her heart beating faster as she sees him

her mind spinning in a circle as she sees him.

"wow, just ... wow." the girls breath hitches right after seeing him stand in front of the classroom right after he walked in from the doorway.

seo changbin. the student council president of her school, her best friend ever since the two could barely even walk, also known as her long-time crush.

in the girl's mind, he was her soulmate.

he was always there throughout her highs and lows, her most embarrassing moments, and even her proudest moments — her heart clearly flows to him.

however, it doesn't seem like he could say the same for her when he's got someone else.

"yahhhhhhhh!!" a girl's voice echoed from the door of her classroom.

footsteps getting louder as the girl approaches him with a pout.

it always seemed like her best friend would have a faint blush on his cheeks whenever she approaches him.

will i ever be able to make him look at me like that?

so instead of being interested, which she clearly isn't, she decided to focus on the notebook she's been holding; feeling all sorts of emotions she knew she wasn't supposed to feel after seeing the two.

they talked about student council things. it wasn't something she'd give a single fuck about, but hearing them exchange laughs and giggles after someone complimented how great they are together as a couple? it was literally a punch on the face.

as much as she just wanted to focus on anything that's involved on her desk, she just couldn't help but start sneaking glances at them a few times.

and now she lets her eyes wander around the classroom, trying to find something to distract her from the couple just to end up with failed attempts.

but that was until she saw someone looking in front of the doorway, gazing at the girl with changbin.

who exactly was he though?

she knew that the boy was one of koo yoonji's close friends. she knew that the boy was cute, a lot of people seem to be fond of him, but that's practically the end of it.

"bin, you remember jeongin right? i bet you two would get along so well." changbin's girlfriend says, making him wave at the boy whose facial expression clearly changed.

hold up—

the way he looked at the both of them earlier?

jealous.
disappointed.
heartbroken.

she wasn't the only one after all.