chapter five !

"when you made me think about changbin before kissing me, you were thinking about me as

"when you made me think about changbin before kissing me, you were thinking about me as ... yoonji, right?" a small smirk shows on his face as he just looks at her warmly before nodding.

"and i uhhh,,, i'm sorry for not asking whether or not i could kiss you, since i genuinely didn't expect it to be your first kiss." the boy brought up which made the girl look down before blushing out of embarrassment.

she clearly did not know what she just got herself into — but it's making her crave for more of this feeling.

"i think i'm getting the gist of what you're implying." she says making his eyebrows raise in surprise.

"we'd need some ground rules for this to work though." minha says which made jeongin lean back as the two start discussing about some rules for whatever the two of them got themselves into.

talking to each other, randomly ask the other one out, yada yada, but the only restriction here would be each other's feelings.

they couldn't make their feelings involved in any of this since those feelings are exclusive for changbin and yoonji respectively.

anything is allowed as long as there's consent.

become boyfriend and girlfriend so that unnecessary problems wouldn't happen.

and if either of the two makes it with the person that they liked, everything that kept happening between the both of them should end for good.

-

yoonji

"minha recently told me about how the both of you were actually not as close as you thought you were."

no way ... she really told him that we weren't as close as i thought?

"really? i thought that she-" but before i could even finish, i felt myself getting turned around by my shoulders.

"sorry to interrupt you and your girl's alone time dude but we need her for our research paper task right away." han jisung says which made my brows furrow in confusion.

what is he even talking about ...

"wahhhh, did you already forget? we planned to have a meeting by lunch yesterday you dummy." he says as he starts pinching my cheek.

there's no way we actually have a research paper task that's due—

hmmm, i wonder what his actual intentions are.

"ohhhh yeah, i just remembered what you're talking about." i said while frowning at han jisung as he smiles at me."

"i'm sorry." i mouthed at changbin as i hurriedly take my bag with me.

"i know what you're trying to do." i whispered to han before he suddenly decided to whisper "still don't understand why you decided to settle for someone like him" which made me laugh before punching him.

"make sure to eat your lunch or i'm gonna have to eat it myself okay??" changbin adds as i nod and wave him a goodbye.

this better be good or i really might flip out.

"i know you guys wanted to trick me into believing so that i could come here but you better be honest with me by telling the truth right away." i said before crossing my hands to my chest while glaring at everyone, especially han jisung since he's the one that got me into this.

"why the hell did you have to drag me in here? you better answer me right here, right now or i might-"

"geez i'm sorry okay?? i had to do what i had to do to help another friend out." he says before nudging kang minha with his elbow, making her face me.

"really minha? you just couldn't directly ask me to talk?"

"let's talk somewhere else." she says which made me look at her with a frown.

"is it that necessary??"

-

"what? i can't even ask you a question about something that involves your boyfriend anymore?" the girl asks which made yoonji look at her, upset as hell.

"what? no!!"

"i just find it so upsetting how you've practically been ignoring the fact that i still exist and you're gonna make someone drag me into talking to you and that's the first thing that comes out of your mouth." yooni claps back before letting out a sigh.

"and to answer your question; i've only talked about how we used to be best friends and— well, at least i thought we were ..." she says before biting her bottom lip as minha just stared at her, wanting to get herself out of this little scene they're creating.

"anymore questions to ask me before we part ways and you're gonna start acting like i don't exist anymore?" yoonji asked of out petty which made minha let out a scoff.

"stop being so overdramatic when you're-" but before she could finish, yoonji cuts her off after figuring out what the reason could actually be.

"were you actually not cool about changbin and i dating all along?" yoonji asked, making minha's eyes widen out of shock before suddenly feeling like she was on held captive with a question.

"you're ... being ridiculous."

"me? the one being ridiculous? did you know how hurt i still am to know that you never actually thought of me as your best frie-"

"now's not the right time to start a scene." han says as he lightly pulls yoonji back with the top of her shoulder.

"you should go, i heard about you not being able to finish your lunch yet." minha says right after finding another loophole in order to run away from the question that made her want to bury herself alive.

" minha says right after finding another loophole in order to run away from the question that made her want to bury herself alive