CHAPTER 1- The Secret Sleepover

Ashlyn rolled over towards me and gave me a little shake, telling me to wake up. Her hands are cold to the touch. I wake up with absolutely no blankets, I knew she was a blanket hog.

  "Harper, get up! You have to go!" Ashlyn says to me.

  I groan and turn the other way, being my stubborn self, I don't want to get out of bed.

  "Fine suit yourself." Ashlyn gets up and opens her curtains.

  "Okay, okay, I'm up Ash." I say in an impolite attitude.

  I get my face out of my pillow and turn around to slide my slippers onto my cold feet. Ashlyn is just sitting on her chair, staring out of the window.

  "You okay, Ashlyn?" I ask her.

  "Yeah.. I'm fine." she said, "But you should really get going before my parents wake up and find you in my room, they wouldn't be very happy with me Harper, you know that."

  "Yeah, okay, I'm leaving just let me get dressed, I'll be quick." I say whilst letting out a huge yawn.

  Ashlyn nods and looks back out at the window. We were told that we weren't allowed to have a sleepover last night because it was a school night and we'd be too tired out to get up and return to school the next day. Oh wait! We have school! I'd better get dressed. I grab my bag and run to the bathroom that is inside of her room to get my clothes on, do my hair, wash my face, and do my makeup. I finish everything so I rush to put my clothes on and realized I forgot socks.

  "Ashlyn!" I yell from the bathroom.

  "Yeah?" she says.

  "Can I borrow a pair of socks please, I forgot mine in my room yesterday." I say hoping for a yes from her.

  "Go ahead." I sigh of relief when Ashlyn says that.

  "Thank you so much, I promise I'll give them back to you tomorrow at school." I thank her.

  I rush out to her dresser opening each and every drawer until I finally find the sock drawer. I start putting the socks on my feet while I'm walking to the bathroom to grab my bag and get out of there before my parents wake up.

  "Okay, I'm good to go. I'll see you later Ash." I whisper as I quietly walk out of her bedroom door.

  I tip toe down the hall and head out the front door in a hurry so I still have an adequate amount of time to eat my breakfast. I walk outside and it is decently warm, aside from the rips in my jeans that are letting the cold air brush against my bare skin. Only as I'm 2 minutes away from my house do I realize that I left my jacket in Ashlyn's room. I pull out my phone and text her to see if she can bring my jacket to school. She hasn't seen my message yet, but I'm sure she'll say yes. She's been acting a little bit off lately; I don't know what's gotten into her. I finally get home and I crawl through my bedroom window to make it look like I came from my room just in case my parents are already up. They are up, but they haven't come out of their bedroom yet. I rush to the kitchen and pour myself a bowl of captain crunch cereal. I shove it down my throat as fast as I can because I have to catch the bus in 15 minutes. I finally finish my cereal so I place my bowl in the dishwasher and run to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I put a squirt of toothpaste on my wet toothbrush and brush my teeth as fast as I possibly can. I scramble around the drawers looking for a hand towel to wash the toothpaste off of my chin. I scurry down the hallway, rush to put on my new Nike Air Force One's, and run out the door heading to the bus stop. I almost miss the bus. I get on the bus and speed walk to the back where Ashlyn is sitting. She hands me my jacket and I thank her. She told me all about how she accidently liked one of her crushes old Instagram photos, and how her crush texted her about it.. but she didn't answer him due to her social anxiety. We spent the whole bus ride just talking to one another even though we had seen each other just around an hour prior.