Chapter fourteen: Scouting

[Beware. There may be OOC moments. Yes I am going to keep this warning in every chapter.]

In this world, every human needs some sort of social in their life. Especially being around other people to aid them such as an assignment or life in general.

[Island Exam - Day two]
Kiyotaka's POV

I sat on the left side of the river bank. Just watching Miyako trying to catch fish with her hands. Miyako managed to get one but it slips away from her hands as the fish dived back down to the river.

"Miyako. You won't get any fish if you use that method." I said and she looks at me. "Well, I tried anyway. I'm not like those people in the stone age. It's such a shame that I don't have a harpoon."

"Isn't that like a weapon?" I ask as Miyako bends down, trying to catch the fish but of course, it always slips away from her grip. "I guess. In the past, people would use that as weapons. Too bad its purpose was to kill whales." She said. I look at the river, showing my reflection.

*flashback*

The room was white, some kids are around 8 years old. They all were dressed in white, surrounding me. I continue to work on the problem that is being shown on paper. Everyone around me is just focused on the single equation, most of them are struggling with it.

A man approaches me. "Kiyotaka." I stopped writing but I held onto my pencil. I look up at the man. "Remember this. To have power and fail to use it is the behavior of a fool"

*flashback ended*

"Kiyo-Kun." I look up to see Miyako holding a fish. "I got one. It's tiny but I'm sure we can cook this." Seems like Miyako trying to not have the fish slip out of her hands again. "Oh, good job. You managed to get one." I said and I look at the fish that is just struggling to get out.

"HEYYYY!" The fishes that were in the river swam away by someone's voice and it slipped out of Miyako's hands once again. "Ah. It fell again." Miyako sighed and stepped out of the river. "We caught some fish!" Sudo is carrying a net full of fish. The others came by with fruits.

I look over at the group that is assembling with supplies such as a water bottle, fruits, and fish. "Good work everyone," Hirata said. "Hirata, what should we do next?" Sudo asked. Hirata looks at Sudo, "Could you two get the fire ready?" He ask and they both agreed.

"Anyone who's not busy with other tasks, help us collect drinking water!" Hirata said and the other girls surrounded him as they were waiting for Hirata to pass the water bottles.

Hirata Yosuke. Class D's leader...

"... Do you wanna go, scout, the area?" Miyako asks, I look at her. "Sure. Let's bring Horikita." I noticed Miyako seem to be unsure of my answer. "Is something the matter?"

"Oh, I'm just wondering if it's the right decision to bring Horikita-san in." Miyako said as I stood up from the ground. "It will be fine," I said and I head out to find Horikita.

Miyako seems to notice it as well.

[Recon - Ayanokouji, Akiyama, and Horikita]
Miyako's POV

Unexpectedly, class B has invited us to look at their camp. Aren't they worried that we are going to guess who their class leader is?

I walk behind Horikita as I continue to observe the area around me. It's just trees, bushes, and... More trees.

"It's rare to see you taking initiative like this," Horikita said. Is it unordinary for us to go visit class B?

"It's not like I have nothing better to do. This passes the time. Kiyo says as he puts the notepad back into his pocket. "I don't mind doing recon, but I'd personally rather avoid unnecessary movement. I don't want to waste stamina wandering around without a clear goal in mind." Horikita explains how she feels about this whole recon deal.