Chapter 1

"Don't you ever get like... a writer's block?" My manager, Taehyun, asked me as he handed me my production equipment.

I shook my head no. "There are just way too many thoughts running through my head, I have to write them down," I answered.

Since I was a little kid, I've always been a thinker, an imaginative and creative kid. I would always look for ways to express myself, whether it would be to paint, draw, dance, or sing. I figured none of them really matched me except for singing.

At the age of twelve, I started writing a few songs of my own with little-to-no knowledge on how to play the guitar. It took me at least two years to get a hang of it—and by high school, I successfully got into an amazing performing arts high school.

That just shaped up my abilities to become singer-songwriter, and now, a rockstar.

"You're like Taylor Swift," Taehyun said, and I was about to take it as a compliment. "You write too many break-up songs."

I glared at him. "Sorry, I'm an anti-romantic," I said as I continued writing lyrics... then my eyes widened upon realizing what I said.

"Oh no," Taehyun murmured. "Please tell me you didn't just think about making that a line for your song."

I only gave him a smile, giggled while I fill a page up with lyrics.

It is true, I write too many break-up songs. A little weird for someone who had only dated once in his lifetime and will never do so again. But even if it was just one person, the impact can be as bad as a four people breaking your heart.

That's all in the past, though. I have moved on from that person, and I'm living quite a good life without them.

"Oh by the way, since you're not a very successful rockstar—"

"I beg to differ!"

How could he say that? I think I'm a very successful rockstar myself.

"Beomgyu, the sales aren't going up any higher. You're not as successful as you think you are," Taehyun said, grabbing the notebook away from me.

"Way to ruin my mood, Taehyun,"

He sighed and looked at me. Suddenly, his expression changed into a more serious and concerned one. Are the sales really that bad? No one's really listening to my songs? Do I write bad songs?

"No, you do not write bad songs," he said.

Did he just read my mind?

"In fact, you write pretty great and relatable ones. The only problem is—no one here wants to listen to rock anymore," Taehyun said.

"What are you saying?" I started to get scared. "I don't want to change my style, Tae. I love rock and I was born to sing rock."

He nodded his head. "Don't worry, we found a different solution to promote you—AND to make great money," Taehyun said.

"I AM NOT DOING PORN!"

"WHAT? NO! BEOMGYU YOUR MIND WORRIES ME SOMETIMES!" he cried, hitting my arm with my notebook. "You're getting married—"

"BUT I'M SINGLE—"

"LET ME SPEAK OR I WON'T LET YOU COME TO THE STUDIO FOR THREE FUCKING DAYS!" and that made me quiet. I'd rather get kicked out of my apartment than be locked out of the studio.

He took a deep breath as he mouthed 'thank you.' "Alright, as you know, the sales of any of your songs are not going up. They're pretty low, actually. I'm not saying this to discourage you, but to wake you up because this is a very competitive industry you're in. I talked to the CEO and we came up with a better solution than to make you shift to a different genre," he started out.

"Which is?" I asked.

"Which is to promote you at a TV Show, a long enough TV Show that we can use a few of your songs with," he said. I raised a brow, waiting for him to say more. "That show is called We Got Married."

My eyes widened and I never stood up so quick in my entire life, it made me feel so dizzy. "No..." I muttered.

"It's the only solution—"

"I don't care, I don't want to have some kind of pretend relationship!" I exclaimed.

"Beomgyu," Taehyun called, grabbing both my shoulders to calm me down. "I understand how you feel about this. But we don't even have enough money to produce new songs, and this is one of the only solutions. I promise you that this won't even be too long. It's only for two months—an episode each week."

I looked at him. Why do I have to do this? Can't there be another way?

But I guess there isn't another way. It's hard for me to even perform at Inkigayo or Mubank, and maybe I'll be able to become more known to people if I do this show.

"Just... think about it a little," he said. "And they agreed to pay us really good money."

Money. That's all I need right now—all my company needs right now. When I signed the contract in this label, they believed I'll make it big because of my lyrics but I disappointed them.

Instead, I became too caught up with making music to satisfy myself that I didn't even think the industry is ignoring me. The CEO is too nice not to even cut me off or change my genre, and my manager is working so hard to help me.

This is the least I could do, the least I could repay them with.

I took a deep breath before nodding my head. "I'll do it," I said.

Taehyun's face lit up and it's as if four hundred pounds of burden was removed off of his shoulders. I felt even more guilty. "I'll make sure that you're as comfortable with it as possible," he smiled.

"It's okay, Tae," I smiled back. "Question, though."

"Hmm?"

"Do you know who I'm partnered with?"

He shook his head. "No, I think they're still choosing who it is. You're supposed to know next week," he replied.

I nodded. I just hope I get along with them well, I'm not really that much of a people person.

Suddenly, my phone made a high-pitched notification sound,which is weird because I have my notifications off. I looked at what it was, and it was an instagram post—

—of someone I didn't think I'd hear from for a year.

Oh my fucking God, I didn't mean to like that.