Chap 1

'Looks like it's going to be 1 of those days again.' Nick grumbled as he dried off from his shower.

He was enjoying his shower when the events of the past year came rushing back to him: Ellie leaving, Gibbs leaving, his father once again abandoning him. It was enough to drive anyone crazy!'

Some days, he drank. Some days, he did nothing but mope. And some days, he just walked around, no set destination, just trying to clear his head.

Jimmy told him it would get easier over time. As smart as he was, he wasn't sure if it would ever happen.

'How do people do it? So many agents have either left or had been killed over the years, yet they all keep going. Like, how do you get past all the loss?' He asked Mcgee once.

'It's called life. Yeah, it hurts for a time, but life goes on whether we want it to or not.' Mcgee replied.

'Guess he has a point.' Nick mumbled after remembering that.

His life was still going despite it all. Maybe Tim had a point.

'Well, what are you going to do today then?' He asked himself. 'Mope around all day feeling sorry for yourself? Or actually do something that makes you feel better?'

Then he made up his mind. He picked up his phone and dialed a number.

'Hey Jimmy, you doing anything today?'