Because....Im an all-nighter [2]

Chapter 2

"I can't believe Im here." I groaned again as Clarissa held up a yellow sundress. I gave her the nod of approval and she put it back. Apparently, my taste is tomboyish. Can you believe her?

Well I can. I do wear sweat pants and the same grey jacket to school everyday. But, that yellow sundress was actually cute. We've been at it for three hours. Yes, three hours and all I got was a few dresses, a few graphic tees, three pairs of jeans and a bunch of skirts and scarfs.

"Clarissa, it's late. My tummy is begging for food. And, I have lots of clothes already. Can we leave now?" I asked. Actually, I begged. Its not Clarissa's fault. Or Lola's or Danny's. I just hate shopping. It's just lots of unnecessary walking.

The thought of walking around to look at clothes makes me want to crawl in a whole and cry for my mommy. It was nine o' clock at night, and we did actually have school tomorrow.

School. It doesn't shock me that even when Im doomed to die tomorrow, Im still worrying about school. What's a nerd suppose to do? Stand around and shop all day? Or, talk about the art of science! Okay, both of those ideas just scream die in a hole to me.

"Fine. But, were coming back some other time. These clothes don't even fill a quarter of your walk-in closet." Oh yeah, I do have a walk-in closet. I guess I can finally use it. I just shrugged and grabbed the bags already walking out the door.

"Let's go to the food court." I shouted over my shoulder, already knowing they were gonna follow me. We have been walking around a mall for three hours with sore feet and growling stomachs. I stopped walking and turned to the gang,

"Actually I have a better idea. We should just head to my house. Amy cooked baked chicken, and mom's staying late at work. So, you guys can stay over if you want. We could pull an all-nighter before my death tomorrow." I said and Danny rolled his eyes,

"I was already staying over. And, if Jason even touches a strand of your hair Im kicking his ass. I've always needed a reason to do it, and you're that reason. I can't wait to punch the crap out of him-"

"Woah there, Danny boy." He rolled his eyes as I chuckled at my nickname, "You need to calm down before you pop a vein." He frowned at me but remained quiet. I waited for Lola and Clarissa's answer to my question as we walked out of mall.

"Well? Can you guys stay over? Lola? Clarissa?" We finally reached Danny's car and got inside. When I sat shotgun I immediately turned around and raised an eyebrow at them. Lola was the first to speak,

"I can stay over. But, Im a no-go with the all nighter idea. As much as I would love to, I have a chemistry test tomorrow." She said and I gave her a sad expression. I turned to Clarissa and she had a thoughtful expression on her face.

"Im only staying over so I can do your hair in the morning. And, so I can pick put your outfit." I rolled my eyes as I turned back around. Clarissa was always the girly one in our trio.

She had long wavy black hair, and light blue eyes. Clarissa was extremely pretty and always wore pretty clothes. She could be apart of the populars if she wanted. And, I think that's why the populars never bothered her. I always wondered why she never became apart of them. But then I would remember that this is Clarissa.

Crazy, nerdy, dorky Clarissa. Who loves to be creepy to just about anyone. She says it amuses her, but if I ever have a son, she's going no where near him. She wouldn't click with the populars like she does with us.

"Fine whatever." I grumbled and then I turned on the radio. We kept coming across annoying pop songs until this song came on and Lola suddenly yelled stop. Danny hit the breaks almost giving me a whiplash and a head injury.