10

Edward parked his car beside the wooden property. I quickly sprung out of the car and shrugged loudly in frustration. "Well, it looks like we are doomed." He shut the door behind him and glanced at me with an illogical expression.

"No. I'm not allowing anyone to touch you, Luna. You are under-"

"Yeah yeah," I rolled my eyes playfully. "Under your protection. Don't you get tired of saying that?"

Edward formed a crooked smile and reached up to me. He rested his palm against my back, motioning me to walk towards the main door. "Depends if you don't want me to protect you."

"I don't." I narrowed my eyes at him and wandered to the door. "Have you met me? I'm capable of protecting myself." He shook his head and chuckled.

"I see that. Please remind me not to go against the bratty girl." Edward says jokingly in his husky's voice.  I chuckled lightly and opened the door.

Alice quickly approached us with inhumane speed. She planted a grin on her lips. "I was worried your dog kidnapped you."

Believe me; he did worse than kidnapping me.

I flashed her a nervous smile. "Ha... You don't say." My voice sounded sarcastic.

Carlisle appeared at the entry with worried crossing his expression. "I assume we have to discuss this." He said with a formal tone, glancing at Edward.

Edward's expression changed completely. "Yes. It didn't go well with Jacob."

My eyes darted back and forth on Edward and Carlisle. "Okay, honestly, it was my fault. But, yeah." Carlisle glanced at me, and a smile crept up.

"No worries, I wouldn't recommend you stay somewhere you are uncomfortable."

Carlisle peeked over at Edward once again, nodding as a signal. They trailed off into the living room, and Alice quickly grasped my hand. "We should probably go."

My brows furrowed in suspicion, throwing my hand backward. "Two seconds, Alice." My eyes were glued to the entrance before my feet strolled off.

"It's best if we send her to Denali. She is safe-" Once Carlisle saw my figure, he instantly stopped talking to Edward.

Edward tilted his head at the doorway and glanced at me. I folded my arms together and leaned against it with my eyes squinting. "I'm not going to damn Alaska, and I will freeze to death, not to mention that Kate creeps me out."

Carlisle lowered his eyelids a bit with a curious look. "You know about The Denali sisters?" I quickly nodded to him.

"The book has it all." A smirk crept onto my lips which caused Carlisle to flash a friendly smile.

"We should find that book while finding a stable place for you to stay."Carlisle glanced at Edward before marching out of the living room.

Edward trailed his head downwards and clenched his jaw in frustration.

I tilted my head a little, furrowing my brows. "You okay, softy?" He quickly peeked over with his eyes squinting in thin lines.

"Softy?"

I chuckled and nodded. "I mean, can you blame me for calling you a softy? You are suddenly mad."

Edward turned his body towards me. "Because of you. I'm worried about you?" I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Oh, please. Don't start being the cry baby Edward, just because they are after me."

Edward tilts his head before squinting his eyes at me. "What?"