The Caretaker

I dreamt that I was walking with a girl. She doesn't seem to notice me, it could be said that I was merely following her. She was walking on a quiet road in the woods with a saddened look on her pale face. After a while we reached an odd mansion, it has the colour of a worn out yellow paint with dusty windows. The walls and the gate were rather short to offer much protection from intruders, although the gate was locked. The girl called out the name of a man several times from outside the gate but no one answered. I tried talking to her but she doesn't seem to notice me so I climbed the gate and call out to the homeowner but no one responded. The girl's face grew sadder as she began to walk away, I was about to follow her when I saw the door opened ajar and an old woman peeked out. I called to the girl but she doesn't notice my voice, but the old woman called out, "Who's there?", In a gentle voice which made the girl turned around. Neither the old woman nor the girl seem to notice me. The old woman opened the gate for the girl and they went and sat on the porch. The girl and the old woman converse in a language I don't understand, yet I seem to have an idea of what's going on. It seem that the girl has been haunted and was trying to seek help for the homeowner, but the old woman replied in the same foreign language which I was able to momentarily comprehend, "I'm just the caretaker, the man you're looking for died a long time ago". After that the old woman picked some blue flower that looks like a tail, (I researched in the morning and found they're called Delphinium, I guess)  the size of a pinky finger and inserted into the girls hair chanting something in a very gentle tone. At that moment, a giant wind came and knocked the gate opened and a terrifying scream of a woman echoed throughout the woods, from the mist and dust I could see the appearance of a woman's dreadful face floating towards the girl screaming, only stopping at the sight of the delphiniums on the girl's hair. The ghost seems frustrated and angered while visibly trying to advance yet pushed back by the flowers. "For how long can you do this?", The ghost spoke angrily. The old woman got in between the girl and the ghost and replied, "Don't you ever underestimate human consistency!". And I woke up.

 And I woke up

DELPHINIUM