01. DITSY LITTLE GRIN

FOOL'S GOLD.

aurora had been acquainted with steve rogers for three days

aurora had been acquainted with steve rogers for three days. three days he had lived in her home. three days he had watched her every move. three days he stood burly behind her back, his sharp eyes watching the moves of every person around them. it had been three whole days, and steve rogers was yet to speak a whole sentence to her.

every single attempt at communication was shut down fairly ungracefully. aurora's grace and decorum would fall down with flustered mumbles and ignored questions. steve wasn't exactly mean, he just seemed as though he wanted absolutely nothing to do with the five foot blonde. like he would rather be anywhere but standing stoic behind her. any time she opened her mouth to speak to him, he would look away. any time he looked as though he were about to open his mouth and speak to her, his jaw would clench. he did that a lot, she had noticed.

perhaps she was going bonkers.

even now, as they sat next to one another in the back of a limousine, he was yet to utter a word. when she came down the stairs into the foyer of her expensive home, he had been waiting by the large oak doors. despite aurora's high status and known of in society, steve truly knew very little of her. including, just how often she made appearances and attended events. he truly had no idea of how famous she actually was, how much work she had actually committed herself to. so here they were, readying for such event. he wholeheartedly hadn't expected his breath to catch in his throat when her little heels clipped down the stone staircase, heavenly cheeks coated pink and eyes winged. her hair was down, two tiny braids meeting at the back of her head and delicate, false flowers glittering amongst golden locks. a bright smile was against her bee stung lips, eyes alive and wide and completely ethereal. steve couldn't help his eyes flitting downwards, taken away by the forest green dress, adorned with matching flowers to her hair. she looked like something straight out of a storybook. tight at her waist and chest, spewing outwards to the tips of her toes.