Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"Well hello there, brother." William said from behind.

This stranger was dangerously close to me. My hands were on his broad chest as he held me and prevented me from falling. To top that, his face was inches away from mine.

"Be careful next time." His deep velvet voice rang through my ears and my heart was beating loudly in my chest. I swear that he could probably hear it.

 I flushed under his touch and finally backed away from his hold and muttered a 'thank you'.

I shot a glance at William and saw him smiling mischievously.

I snuck a peek on William's brother and observed his features. He was tall in height and was also wearing sunglasses. I couldn't see much of his face but like his brother, he had a well-built figure.

But seriously, what's the deal with sunglasses today? Everyone is wearing them even though there's no sunlight.

There was a striking resemblance between the two. Although I can't say for sure since both of their eyes are covered. I wonder what their eye colors are.

"Qu'est-ce tu fais?" The stranger asked in fluent French, the question directed to Willian. Even his accent in speaking French was smooth as hell.

Two languages are spoken around the country of Realta. English and French. But the dominant one is English in the cities.

"You sure have lots of free time to come and pick up ladies, yes?" The stranger asked nonchalantly and crossed his arns. Damn, he can already pass as a model. Why the heck do they look so perfect?

"Not exactly, I'm just repaying for my mistake." William said as he glanced at me.

"What did you do this time?" He eyed his brother. His tone didn't sound amused. "Relax, I just repaired ma chère's groceries."

"Is that so. I apologize for the damage this idiot has done." He said as he fixed his gaze at me.

"It's no problem, really." I said as I made eye contact with him or more likely to his sunglasses.

He nodded as he continued to fix his gaze on me. I flushed under his stare as I am not good with eye contact so I looked downwards to avoid his long stare.

"Raise your chin up, it's a waste not to see your beautiful face." He stated and my eyes widened. Damn this guy is smooth! His words can win any girl over.

"Still the smooth talker eh?" William chimed and  the stranger chuckled.

I wonder what was his name but then again, why do I have to ask if I don't think I'll meet these two again. They're an interesting pair but they're filled with that mysterious aura I can't quite piece out.

Wondering how to respond, I decided that I should go home now. "Then, I'd best be going now." I stated, both of their heads turned to my direction.

Both of them nodded in unison. "Would you like me to accompany you?" WIlliam suggested like a fine gentleman.

"No need, but thank you so much for your offer." I declined yet I could see a small hint of disappointment behind his face.

"Is that so, well then, take care ma chère. Be careful!" William smiled boyishly as he waved his hand.

I waved back but then I noticed that his brother was staring intently at me. As if calculating my actions and my face. I became a bit nervous, did he recognize me or what? There seems to be some doubt behind his face.

I nodded at him and turned back then started walking briskly towards the direction of my flat.

I don't know what to say but that experience was awfully weird. Both of them were wearing sunglasses as if they wear it because they didn't wanted to be recognized. Could it be that they're well-known?

Well they were extremely handsome by the looks of it. I couldn't see their appearance fully though. That's weird of them to just walk around the streets if they really are well-known here. Well these are only my assumptions, it's better to be on guard.

 That guy's name was William. William, huh? I didn't catch the name of his brother 

Both of them are attractive but it's quite obvious that William's brother is the mature one. He's composed yet he's on guard.

Do you find him attractive? A thought popped in my head.

I flushed again and cursed. I don't even know the guy!

I shrugged at my thoughts, it's no use if I won't probably see them for good again.

But unexpectedly, it's a small world.