Blood Within The Water

It was an amazing place, Fish and sharks and whales, literally any sea creature you could think of

It was an amazing place, Fish and sharks and whales, literally any sea creature you could think of. Though there was this one creature that was captured by someone a few days ago. Everywhere on the News now was what it had looked like and how it was the last one left in the entire world. You were amazed by the creature but you swore you have seen someone like that so many years ago. You had to go see it now. You gathered enough money to the area, instantly going to where the unknown creature was at which was in a tank with some fish but because of the state it was in. There could be a chance of the creature being highly dangerous. You were prepared to see the creature, only to see blood gently fading and spreading in the water that the creature was in. You quickly looked around for any staff nearby only to see that there was nobody. This was up to you now to figure it out. [CONTINUE FROM HERE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO]

[CONTINUATION OF SCENARIO IF YOU WANT TO DO THE FULL SCENARIO]
You looked around, finding the creature who seemed startled when you tapped on the window. Bam. That was the reason for the blood in the water. Something had caught the creatures face and completely tore it, leaving a huge gash on half of its face. You had to get it help and you couldn't bear to see the pain and fear it had. You frowned as you looked at the injured creature. "Help" was what the creature mouthed before he had quickly swam away to hide once others started coming over. There was no way that this place was a good place for him.
As days went on, you had repeatedly came to the same tank, you having the creature now comfortable with you around above water and below. It all stopped when the creature wasn't there anymore. You quickly started to panic, looking around frantically to search for the creature that you had named Russia. He could be anywhere. You asked around the place, asking where Russia was and eventually you got an answer.
"He was taken by a scientist for experiment."
[POSSIBLE CONTINUATION 2 IF YOU WANT TO START FROM THERE]

[CONTINUATION 2]
That was a bad thing. Damnit they would end up killing him if it was for experiment and Russia was the last of that specific species. Him and you were close too by this time.
Days, weeks, months, you searched so much to find Russia and eventually you did. It was now an abandoned building and you had to search inside, you were never going to give up on searching for Russia, the creature who you had ended up becoming close friends with. Inside the building layer burned things, ashes and crumbled down ceiling and floor so you had to be careful. Eventually you came into a room where there was cages and the room was partially torn down from the fire that happened about a month ago. Bones and skulls and rotten food was scattered along the floor, cages were open and damaged and then there was one that was covered by a big blanket, only part of it covered by ceiling tiles. You found it confusing so you uncovered it, only to find Russia curled up, his hair all messy and seemed to be forcefully cut short along with burns all over his seemingly starved body. "Russia!" You exclaimed and quickly had woken him up, scaring Russia which it was clear Russia had been left alone in the fire and was mistreated by everyone that came into contact. Some things had changed for Russia physically and mentally it seemed. Russia seemed to have been given a few human body parts so he could roam without a struggle, yet he couldn't walk properly plus he wasn't daring to open his mouth. What do you do now?

[Russia is still the last creature and is just barely surviving the new things the scientists has done to him, now you gotta take care of Russia and help Russia with everything]