I Can't Believe I Almost Went Home

"Alright, I'll stop teasing you now~" Jennie chuckled, finding Lisa's blush adorable.

Lisa cleared her throat, expression now serious.

"By the way, have you seen Trevor? I can't find him anywhere. He said he'd be with me the whole night..." Lisa mumbled, visibly upset. She got lost in thought, head hanging low.

Jennie bit her lip, conflicted about what Lisa said. On one hand, she was glad he was finally gone and she'd be able to hang out with Lisa. But I'm the other hand, her heart hurt seeing Lisa sad.

She sighed, firmly placing her hands on Lisa's shoulders. Lisa snapped out of her thoughts, looking straight into Jennie's eyes.

"Hey, don't be sad, Lisa, I'll help you find him, alright?" Jennie asked, smiling.

Lisa shook her head, pulling in the shorter for a hug. Jennie gasped slightly at the unexpected hug, but quickly hugged Lisa back.

Lisa melted in Jennie's arms, all other thoughts leaving her mind. Jennie was always Lisa's safe space. Whenever she needed reassurance, Jennie was always there to make her feel better. She felt warm and safe in the elders arms, her heart often beating like crazy.

Why is my heart beating so fast? I hug Jennie all the time, but it never beats this fast?

Do I... still like her? Lisa wondered, chin resting on Jennie's shoulder.

On the other hand, Jennie blushed like crazy. She was glad she hadn't gone home yet, and instead got to spend time with Lisa.

But even though she hugged Lisa all the time, but her stupid heart never got used to it. She's always feel those butterflies in her stomach every time Lisa was around. No matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't get over her feelings for Lisa.

"You don't have to, Jennie. He'll come around soon enough. Right now, I want you by my side." Lisa cheerfully said, pulling away from the hug.

Jennie felt empty once Lisa let go, the latter caving her warmth.

"I'll always stay by your side, Lisa." Jennie smiled, holding Lisa's hands.

Lisa felt her heart skip a beat at what Jennie said.

Even if I'm in love with you? Lisa wanted to ask, but stopped herself.

Lisa didn't actually like Trevor. She still had feelings for Jennie even before she'd met Trevor back in middle school. But one day, Trevor confessed to her, and she thought maybe he'd help her get her Jennie. She was very wrong.

She knew this was toxic, but she didn't want to hurt Trevor. He always looked so happy around her, she clumsy stand to see him heartbroken. She didn't like him, but he still cared for the boy.

"Lily, you okay?" Jennie worriedly asked, gently lifting Lisa's chin to meet her eyes.

Lisa's heartbeat quickened at the nickname, pulled out by her thoughts once again.

"I'm alright, don't worry about me." Lisa faked a smile, looking at Jennie.

Jennie frowned, seeing right through Lisa's lie. She'd known Lisa for her while life, she could read the latter like a open book. She decided not to question it for now, and instead make her feel better.

______________________________

I relate to Lisa on a spiritual level

Yes I've fallen for a straight girl before, and it sucks :')

Don't recommend it :')))

Except Jennie isn't straight-

Lucky Lisa😔

Meme of the day:

Zenitsu spitting straights (gay) faCTs😩✋