Chaper 1

I do not own some parts of the book and that right goes to Stephenie Meyer. Only Emily, her mother, and some others that I add are my work.

Enjoy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Emily Hart and I was born and raised in the Philippines. Shocker right considering my name but all's well my mom just recently changed my surname to Hart because apparently my last surname reminds her too much of my dad who disappeared when I was a baby so we changed it, considering I'm gonna live in another country now so why not change things up and start a new one. Right.

I am 17 years old and I have dark brown eyes with hints of red in them ( weird color huh but meh), small pixie nose, and jet black hair that reaches until the middle of my back. I'm pale in comparison to other people but not just pale I am like super pale and I don't even know why even my mom doesn't know. I am 5'1 in height, I know I'm small but who the heck cares?

"Uy! Gising na kaylangan na nating magayos para sa flight natin mamaya!" ("Hey! Wake up we need to get ready for our flight later!") Mom shouted from downstairs.

"Opo eto na" ("Okay wait") I replied sleepily. I got up from my bed and dragged myself to the bathroom. After freshening up I went downstairs and ate my breakfast.

"Ready ka na ba para mamaya?" ("Are you ready for later?) She asked me after I finished eating.

"Opo excited na nga ako eh" ("Yeah I'm already excited") I replied cheerfully.

"Nakapag goodbye ka na ba sa mga kaibigan mo?" ("Did you already say goodbye to your friends?)

"Mom I don't have friends remember," I said sadly.

She just looked at me sympathetically and kissed my head. I flashed her a smile that said that I'm fine with it. It's true though, that I don't have any friends. Its fine with me anyway and it sure does have some perks. I don't have emotional ties with my classmates here so its not that hard to say goodbye to them.

~ ~

We just landed on Seattle because there are no airports that are much nearer to Forks. My mom was driving our van and we passed many and I mean many trees on our way. I think I'm gonna like it here, just the way I like it small, quiet, and peaceful. Its perfect.

When we arrived at our house I was awestrucked. The house was connected to the forest at the back. The exterior of the house looked like it was ancient but in a good way like it added to the victorian era vibe of the house. The exterior was nothing on the interior of the house. I thought the furniture would be like old and dusty but was new, brand new. OH MY GOD THERE IS A FREAKING 52 INCH FLAT SCREEN TV HELL YEAH.

"Can you believe that this house is actually cheap?" my mom said while looking around.

"What? Really? Wait your not joking."

"No I'm not."

"Well isn't there like a catch?"

"The landlord said that the past owners of the house left everything in a hurry," she said confused at the thought.

"Why would they do that though?"

"The landlord said something like they got scared of the howling inside the forest every night."

"There are wolves here! It just adds to the coolness of this house."

"So I'm guessing you like it?"

"Like it? Heck I love it!" I said excitedly while jumping up and down. Yeah I sometimes act like a child but who doesn't?

Damn this house is big it had like too much room for just the two of us, so when I finally found my room - which consists of a king size bed, a walkthrough closet, a hella big bathroom, and the best part is a balcony that faces the vast greeness (if thats even a word) of the forest - it was time for dinner. So I just dropped first my bag and came down to eat before I unpack my things.

After I finished unpacking a ton of my things I finally called it a night and went to sleep, not after I heard the howling of the wolves. Huh, looks like the previous owners were right there are wolves here and that sounds like a pack. Oh well I am not scared of them anyway so I'll just leave them be and take my beauty sleep.

~~

The next day I woke up at the smell of bacon so I quickly freshened up and went downstairs. When I got down I immediately grabbed a plate and got some yummy toasty deliciousness of a bacon.

"So what school will I be at and where?" I asked while still chewing.

"Don't talk while eating," she lectured. "And you're going to Forks high school and that's about a mile from here."

"When will I start?"

"Tomorrow."

"Ugh, why tomorrow? Why not next week?" I grumpily moaned.

"Because I said so now finish your food."

"Okay," I said defeatedly. "Hey mom, can I go outside?"

"Sure honey, where are you going?"

"Nowhere... just the woods."

"Okay just be careful alright."

"Yes mom."

"You forgot your coat!" she reminded while tossing me my red coat.

"Thanks!" I shouted back.

The forest here is absolutely gorgeous. With the trees that reach the sky and lush green meadows. I was playing on top of a fallen tree when I heard talking and laughter coming my way so I did the only thing I can do and climbed the nearest tree I can find. Two guys stopped at the foot of the tree I climbed on and pushed each other playfully.

"Do you think the Cullens are home today?" asked guy 1.

"Aww you miss Nessie, don't you? Jakey Poo's blushing awww" said guy 2 teased in a sing song voice.

"Stop it Seth," said Jake ( I think that's his name ) and punched Seth's shoulder lightly.

"And I doubt it, since today's sunny they might be out hiking or should I say hunting," said Seth while chuckling slightly.

Hunting? What would they hunt for? Oh, maybe their like the kind of family that goes hunting for fun. Yeah, maybe that's it. Personally, I don't aprove of hunting animals just for fun but I guess its like their family bonding or whatever. I kept on listening and observing them while they keep on talking until they both suddenly stopped and had like this vacant stare then they turn around and turned to wolves. Wait what? Did I see that right? They just freaking turned to huge wolves! What will mom say when I tell her this? Will I even tell her? Ugh, my brain is hurting just by seeing that. I can't tell her, I know she won't even believe me even though I have never lied my entire life. I am going to find out what is happening to this town one way or another.

When I got home I went straight to my room and opened my laptop. Wait, what am I gonna even search? The only thing I know about them is that they can turn to wolves. So I typed in 'werewolves' and pressed enter. There are so many to look at but I kept scrolling till I found this link on 'Quileute Legends' and it says there that there were a tribe of Indians that live in the reservation here actually and that they were spirit warriors - for short they turned to wolves - there were so many things that was put here the only thing though that I highlighted was there was also the 'cold ones' so I'm guessing their vampires 'cause its obvious ain't it. I mean werewolves and vampires. Great.

After reading some more about them I decided to finish up and just sleep on what I found out and maybe just maybe I can find out about this quileute and cold ones.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know its short but please bare with me this is just my second try in writing after like a year so yeah. Don't worry I'm trying so... okie dokie then

I hope you all enjoy my book though