Two Stray Hamsters

Hello there! My name is Cookie. I was once a stray hamster. Here is my story...

________________________________________________________________

"Hey Cookie! Come look at what I found!" I turned and went over to Teacup. Teacup is a panda bear hamster, and has silky black and white fur. Me, on the other hand, well, I'm a regular hamster. I have silky brown hair, with a few black stripes. "Whoa... Look at the size of that building! It's the biggest building I've ever seen!" I exclaimed. "I know! Lets go in there! It looks like they might have food there!" Teacup suggested. We're both strays. Teacup is a girl and I'm a boy. Teacup mostly finds the good stuff. I don't know how she does it, she just does.

When a person was entering the building, we ran as fast as lightning to get in. There weren't as many people in there, but the first thing we spotted... Was a big table with all kinds of food. "Wow! Lets go eat!" I said as I stared in shock at the many delicious food. The only thing I thought about that bothered me, were cats. Could there be any here? Teacup and I scurried up the table. We ate some nuts and some big pieces of lemon chicken. We stored some nuts in our pouches just in case we needed them for later. We got a long spaghetti string and slid down it.

"I'm full. Lets get out of here now" Teacup said. "I'm full too. Lets go!" I replied. We got out of the building and scurried to the Central Park to find a nice safe spot to rest. After searching for a while, we found a nice corner, where no one could spot us.

The next morning, we started to look for food. But we remembered we save some nuts in our pouches. We ate happily, but just then, a stray cat came at us from a distance. "Uh C-C-Cookie.... Um.. It's a CAT!!!" Teacup screamed looking very terrified. "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!" I yelled, louder than Teacup. We scurried in different directions as the cat chased us. I leaped into a bush, but I was not alone. "Hi Cookie" said a familiar voice. "Teacup?" I asked the voice. "Yeah" Teacup replied. "I think the cats gone now." I peeped out, and the cat was nowhere to be found.

"DARN CATS!" Teacup yelled, even though there was no way the cat could understand, or hear. We looked around the city, and wished we had a nice, cozy home.

Just then, a net swooped us up. We got tossed into a room and a rumbling noise started. What's happening?!" I asked. "I have no idea! I just hope nothing bad is going to happen!" Teacup exclaimed. After a few minutes, the rumbling stopped, and we were taken to what looked like a cage? Hamsters aren't that smart. In the cage there was a wheel, a house where we could sleep, water, and food. "Wow... What is this place?" I asked Teacup. "I think we're in a pet shop" Teacup said.

A few days later, I woke up and hear a girl tapping on the glass. "I want these two hamsters" the girl said. An employee came and opened the glass. He gently took both of us out of the cage. "These guys?" The employee asked. "I'm not a guy!" Teacup said. "Teacup, for the a millionth time, humans can't understand us!" I reminded her. "I know, I know. Sometimes I wish they COULD understand" Teacup said. "Ya, these hamsters!" The girl said. We got put in separate small boxes. I couldn't see anything in the box! I tried to escape. I was very scared.

A few minutes later, I got taken out of the box, and put in a cage. And there, waiting for me, was Teacup! I was happy to be with my best friend again. Our wish came true. We had a loving family, and good care.

__________________________________________________________________

That was the story, of how I was a stray hamster, and soon got a loving home. 🐹🐹