Chapter XIX - The One And Only

Mikey walks through the crowd, approaching Kisaki and Izana ever so casually. Once he reaches to where they stood, he walks in between them. "Let me talk to Takemitchy and (Y/n)-chin for a bit." He requests, not even waiting for an obligation.

Part of (Y/n) is surprised to see Mikey. "Mikey..." She recites his name breathlessly, wearing a dumbfounded expression.

Takemichi was trying so hard not to cry when he looks at Mikey. "So you came in the end."

Mikey stops right in front of (Y/n) and Takemichi, securing one hand around each of them so that he can hug them at the same time. He cradles both of them with care, comforting them from their fight. "Thank you, Takemitchy, (Y/n)-chin." His gentle voice makes both of them break down into a fit of tears, but neither of them make it obvious.

"Mikey-kun..." Takemichi could feel his throat going dry. "But why...? You're not in the right mental state to come..."

"You should've stayed at the hospital..." (Y/n) advises in a low voice.

Mikey breaks away from the hug, exchanging a small smile at (Y/n). "I don't really think you're in the position to say that, are you?" He says this in a teasing way, trying to lighten the mood.

(Y/n) blushes slightly from happiness, her lips pursing in when the tears stream down her cheeks. "Jerk...!" She quickly wipes away the tears with the sleeve of her uniform jacket.

The three wander their eyes to the faint noise of a motorcycle engine, depicting the one responsible for making it was the driver, Draken. His decision in contributing to the fight is just as shocking to Takemichi and (Y/n).

"Why are the both of you here?!" (Y/n) questions.

Sitting behind Draken, on his motorcycle, was Hinata, who seemed bashful to be making a sudden entrance. "You can get off now, Hina-chin." Draken assures to her.

"Eh?" Takemichi's mouth opens, alarmed by the fact that his girlfriend was now within the treacherous battlefield.

Turns out, Hinata had convinced Mikey and Draken to come. She addressed how hard Takemichi and (Y/n) were working for them and their future, assuming that it'd be enough to motivate them into making a difference with them. Because she genuinely worried for them. She didn't want to undergo the pain of having to lose anyone else after Emma.

However, in the process of talking them into it, Hinata had confessed to them about Takemichi's time-leaping abilities. She had discovered this not long ago, but didn't let it interfere with her feelings for him, because she was well aware that he had traveled back into time with good intentions, one of them being that he wanted to save her from her upcoming death.

Hinata had insisted to Mikey and Draken that Takemichi and (Y/n) wanted to save everyone. Not just her. She had justified all those times that Takemichi had been so stubborn and courageous in all of those fights. And it made sense to Mikey and Draken.

Hence the reason why they came here tonight.

"I'm sorry, Takemichi-kun." Hinata apologizes to her boyfriend in advance. "I got myself here." She would tell him everything that had happened, while Draken and Mikey stand in front of them and the rest of Toman.

"HUH?!" Takemichi practically yells. "You told them about the time leaping?! You told those two?!" Luckily, he and Hinata were at the very back of the crowd, so no one had heard him.

"Um..." Hinata sends him a sheepish look. "Sorry...it slipped out."

"Slipped out..." Takemichi didn't know whether to be happy or mad at her.

'Now what?' (Y/n) couldn't help but to worry for Mikey and Draken, considering their circumstances. 'Those two aren't in the right shape. There's no way they can fight...' Her eyes softens. 'I'm glad they came, but...' She winces at the striking pain of her bleeding arm, losing the strength in her legs.