Prologue

I can't tell you that I'm breaking slowly.

Closed doors, locked in, no keys.

Keeping feelings hidden, there is no ease.

A buzz of excitement hung in the air as the Fantasia Parade was just around the corner. Easily Fairy Tail's biggest festival, it was a week packed with events and celebrations all leading up to the giant parade through the city. Each year it brought in hundreds of tourists, all aching to get a glimpse of Magnolia's strongest guild. Members of Fairy Tail loved the excitement, and the celebrations; nearly everyone got stuck in with events. Aella hardly placed herself on a pedestal. She would do interviews, interact with tourists if they had any questions, and help set up events, but that would be the extent of her participation. Her outward, physical expression wasn't reflective of her inward emotions. Although they were carefully monitored to avoid sudden consequences, she allowed herself to share in the excitement of her fellow guildmates. 

The rowdiest members of the guild still hadn't returned from their most recent job. Aella herself had just recently returned from one of the multiple solo jobs she ventures on but made sure to return in plenty of time before the festival began. They would return soon though; Lucy had been raving about the festival before she left with the others. Although her excitement stemmed mostly from the Miss Fairy Tail pageant and the prospect of modeling for Sorcerer Weekly.

Aella sat at a booth in the guild hall. The whole building had been destroyed and reconstructed in the time that she was away, so she was yet to find a favourite spot as she had previously. With a book in front of her, she slowly read through a chapter of the story, expertly tuning out the hustle and bustle of guild life as it unraveled around her.

Someone loudly cleared their throat next to her, definitely as a signal to get her attention. Aella finished the sentence and slipped her bookmark in place before turning to find the guild master, Makarov, standing beside her. He was dressed in festive attire already, not dressing his age at all; and with his stern look, it certainly didn't match the orange and purple stripes of his jacket. Behind him stood a woman, dressed entirely in deep blue. She held her hands in front of her, eyes looking all around the guild as if taking it in for the first time but also filled with a certain regretful sadness.

"Aella," he began, voice gruff. He gestured up to the woman, garnering her attention. "This is Juvia Lockser. She just joined us, I'd like her to be under your guidance until she finds her feet." 

It was almost as if she was watching her own first day in the guild replay, but this time she was in the opposite position. When she joined, she was met with a warm smile and bright eyes, having pulled his headphones down to give her a tour of the hall. The least Aella could do was to mimic the welcome. Aella closed her book around the marker and rose to show the shy mage around the guild, with the same warm smile he offered her.

The amount of noise spilling out of the guild hall could only mean one thing. As Aella made her way to the grand doors, she knew that Natsu's team had returned. Their distinctive voices and cheerful laughter drifted in the air. Their arrival coincided with the arrival of Jason, a reporter from Sorcerer Weekly, who thrived on interviewing wizards as if they were idols.

Kiizura angled her body slightly differently. The gold of the chest plate on her dress caught the light in such a way that it shimmered as if it was on fire. Black silken material ran under the gold, wrapping around her figure, cascading down to the floor, and hugging her assets. Her chin was slightly raised, her sea-blue eyes aimed straight at Jason.