Prologue

Apo was running through the maze toward the clearing. Puddles of water splashed at his feet. He saw the gateway in reach when he felt his chest be pierced as he fell to the hard stone floor. He was so close. He reached toward the gate to see the sun in his eyes as he looked in front of himself and see Graecie, Ori, Rasbi, Red and...Owen.

"We did it Apo" said the orange eyed man

Apo flashed out of it as he felt his blood coming out of his mouth leaving an iron taste.

"We... did it..." he said weakly, tears falling from his eyes

         He awoke again, but this time in a darker version of the maze. He had a fishing rod. He was fishing but... why? He also had a lantern with dim blue light emitting from it. He stopped fishing and looked around. He was in some sort of replica of the maze. It was dark yet familiar. Held the lantern up to try and see his surroundings better. He noticed his skin was gray. Maybe it was just the lighting... He looked around for any signs of life but there were none. He suddenly heard a loudish growl but it was only his stomach. He looked at his inventory to see... spinach. Just spinach. As he ate some of the spinach he though about what had happened.

       Was he dead? Was this the afterlife? That would explain why his skin was gray and why he was in such an odd ad eerie place.

Why did this happen?

                                                                          End of Prologue

// 261 words //