Guilt

Chapter Five - Guilt

-Harry-

Her legs lay tangled in mine, her dainty fingers tracing the tattoos on my bare chest. Her beautiful blonde hair fans out against the pillow, my arm wrapped around her bare shoulders. My eyes study her, my lips aching to be against her skin again. She's so beautiful, so lovely, isn't she? Her moans still float inside my head, my hair still tingles from her tugging. I can still feel her residue on my member, the hardness coming back as I think of being inside her.

The blood was minimal, but her sheets will need to be thrown out. Especially considering she was supposed to give her virginity to the Prince of France. Not that I really care, she can always just say it popped while she was out riding or something. It's completely reasonable.

"What are you thinking about?" Her voice is soft as she presses a kiss into my chest, smiling up at me. I chew on my lip a little and smile gently, brushing some hairs out of her face.

"About how absolutely gorgeous you are." A blush crosses her face and she rolls her eyes a little. "Don't do that, they might get stuck," I joke, leaning down and pressing a kiss against her nose. A yawn escapes her lips and I check the clock. It's around midnight, which means we have been laying here for close the three hours. "Get some sleep, I'll tell your night guard that you needed help with something and that's why I've been in here so long."

She gives a small nod and pulls the duvet to her chest, smiling up at my lazily. Her lips pucker like a small child waiting for her mommy to give her a goodnight kiss, and I chuckle softly. Leaning down, I press a kiss against her lips and then her forehead.

"Mm.. Goodnight.." Her voice drifts off as her mouth falls open in a small snore.

.

.

.

-Angelica's POV-

I jolt awake in my empty bed, looking around the silent room in hopes to see him. Unfortunately, like my sheets, he's missing. With a sigh I slip out of the plush mattress, pulling on a sweater and a pair of leggings, slipping into my slippers and making my way down to the dining hall. I've slept in awful late as lunch is being served, a plate and a cup of tea made up at my placemat, another plate and cup at Jackson's placemat. Guilt fills my stomach but I tell myself it's just hunger, I didn't really do anything wrong, I gave my virtue to someone I love.. Or..I hope I love him..

Jesus, what did I get myself into?

"Good morning, Angelica," he gives a soft smile and a swift kiss to my cheek as he pulls my chair out for me. His eyes are soft and his smile is loving as we begin to eat. "How did you sleep?" Jackson's voice is gentle as he sips his tea, eyes studying me as I give a polite smile and motion that I've food in my mouth and cannot talk. He gives a light laugh and nods, taking this opportunity to ask me to join him in the garden, to which I nod my head gently and give a kind smile.

Suddenly, I feel his eyes on the back of my head, my stomach flipping over and over again as I can practically hear him breathing across the room. My tongue glides across my lips nervously as I finish my meal, relaxing but never slouching. I quietly wait for Jackson to finish his, sipping my tea as I avoid thinking about last night. It can never happen again, even if I genuinely want it to. I am to wed Jackson, not my body guard. I mean, do I really even like him as much as I think I do? Or am I just imagining it as a way to get back at my father? Did I just throw myself at an object to spite my father for this arranged, but not yet certain, marriage? And why? Jackson was a good man, he had land and wealth. He would make a fine King for my country, and a fine husband, and well, if it comes down to it, a fine husband for my children. Our children.

"Princess?" An eyebrow lays raised on his face, a soft chuckle coming from his lips as he holds out a hand. I must have been so lost in my own thoughts that I didn't even notice him, or the smirk on Harry's face, the damned bastard! He's revelling in my discomfort and he can't even hide it! Quickly, I stand up and follow Jackson to the garden. I enjoy walks with him, they're pleasant, filled with more than the awkward small talk that takes place in front of my parents. It's lovely, we have actual conversations. Intellectual moments where we discuss art or music, something other than politics.

We joke around a lot as well, we've been friends since a very young age, so we have countless inside jokes between us. It's amazing just how well he actually knows me, yet doesn't know me at all. He doesn't know that I have a secret room full of instruments that I've been single handedly teaching myself to use. He doesn't know that I've had my—our wedding planned since I was twelve. He doesn't know that just last night my guard had to throw out bloody sheets because I couldn't control myself.

I'm awfully quiet today, and he must sense something is up as he gently grabs my hand, rubbing it softly. "Are you okay?" he asks, giving a soft smile. I give a slight nod as I look up at him, examining his features. My eyes stumble down his jawline, across his lips and back up to his own eyes. It's been a few weeks since his arrival, and in those few weeks I have definitely gained interest in marrying him. I don't know how to put it, but it will blossom into something more in no time—hopefully.

Quietly, I lead him further into the garden, to a tree that we played on as little kids. I watch his face light up with joy at the recognition, a smile playing on my lips as I gently lean against it. We named her Thetis when we were younger, after Achilles's mother from the Illiad, we both adored the name. Now it seems only fitting that I bring him back to her, even if he doesn't know. I know his eyes are on me as I gently pull him toward me, biting my bottom lip nervously as he peers down at me with curious eyes.

My hand reaches up, brushing against his jawline, tracing the soft yet rugged lines as I peer into his eyes. I feel his arms wrap around me instinctively, my body lifting unto my toes as I press a soft kiss against his lips. Almost instantly his arms tighten around me, drawing me in closer as he deepens the kiss, I can't help but tangle my fingers into his hair as my heart pounds.