CHAPTER 15

For the next four days of being around the building, the occasional interactions are diluted with negative remarks.

It's not even a proper interaction, but a snarky one—childish and severely immature for their age and their jobs.

Jeno would leave subtle scents on her when they had a chance to be in one place. It then causes a big effect on the ones who would notice the female alpha's smell, as it would easily be misunderstood that she tumbled with a pureblood.

If Jeno attacks with dominance and fake ownership, Harin will receive it with a clever tongue.

She would always win the banter, baseless arguments, and dirty flirting.

She is good with her words, tweaking them a little to rile the pureblood even more. It would always end up being her grinning while he was glaring.

Jeno could only control himself not to do something stupid.

If he could just kiss her to shut her up, he would.

"Finally, I gathered you two in one place", Jaemin plopped on the seat, where in front of him are the suspects of his stress every day, sitting with a fair distance beside each other.

"If I don't see you fighting with words, you're doing it with your eyes. If not, then you, Jeno, would scent Harin just to tease her. Then you, Harin, would piss Jeno. Do you know that simply scenting someone is an act of ownership, Jeno?", Jaemin gazed at the pureblood who just shrugged.

"You would be beaten soon enough if you didn't filter your words", he said, shifting to the female alpha, who just rolled her eyes.

Jaemin huffed at the lack of answers, "What the hell is wrong with you two!?"

"Tone down your scent", both Jeno and Harin said in chorus.

Jaemin is quick to take deep breaths, then gulps down at least half of the water from his water bottle beside him.

"You two are in my own territory", he pointed out. "I have the authority to ask you and do everything I want."

"And what is it that you really want, Nana? Make amends with her?", Jeno asked while pointing at the girl.

Jaemin gasped, "Don't just point fingers, Jeno; that's rude!", He slapped the pureblood's hand. "And I just don't want you to make amends; I want you two to be fair with each other!"

"That's just impossible, Nana. We just can't be in one place in peace", Harin chuckled.

Jaemin glared at the two and said, "No, it's either you fix these childish attitudes of yours or I'm ending our friendship."

Jeno's eyes widened. "You can't just—"

"I can", he said, squinting his eyes at Jeno. "It would be like we never even met in the first place."

"This is just so out of my life itinerary. I'm leaving", Harin stood up and was about to step away when Jaemin stopped her with a loud shriek.