chapter 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

ʰᵉᵃᵛᵉⁿˡʸ

𓍢ִ໋🌷͙֒✧⋆。˚♡

[ will you join us, charlie? ]

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐠𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫.

The beach was calm and peaceful, the sound of waves crashing against the shore being the only thing heard for miles. Then, four bodies appeared, the sea carrying them to the sand.

You and the angels coughed with ragged inhales of air as you all crawled across the sand, groans and gasps escaping your lips, before Alex stood up. "Charlie," she mumbled, looking down at you. You offered her a smile, standing up with her as you offered your hand to Dylan and Natalie, the pair allowing you to help them rise from the sand.

You all made your way to the quaint, little seaside cabin, walking up the two-flight stairs and stopping in front of the door. "Guys, we're finally gonna meet Charlie," Natalie whispered.

You and the girls squealed in excitement, as Dylan asked, "Do I look okay?"

"Should we knock?" Alex questioned, and you shrugged in response.

You opened the door, sticking your head inside, soon followed by Dylan, Alex and finally Natalie. It creaked as you pushed it further, looking inside the house for any sign of your boss. "Charlie?" Nat asked hopefully but heard no response.

As you ventured into the living room, a smile graced your cheeks as you picked up a foldable picture frame. On one side, the same picture that Eric had in his house was pinned against the glass, but next to it, sat a picture of you and the angels. It was a comical one that you and the girls had sent to him on his birthday; Alex was reading a newspaper, Natalie gazing out at the beach that was behind the camera, and you and Dylan stationed in the middle, snacking on an ice-cream.

Alex looked down, finding a steaming cup of coffee and a barely used cigar on the low table by the couch. You shared a look with the girl, before you continued searching.

"Good morning, angels." You felt the erratic beat of your heart steady as you turned around. Your smile faded, as your body visible deflated at the sight of the soundbox. But you couldn't help but allow a chuckle to escape your lips as you shook your head in amusement. "Sorry I couldn't stick around."

"We're so happy you're okay Charlie," Nat beamed as you and the angels took a seat on the couch, leaning forward to stare at the box. Alex leaned her head on your shoulder, and you leant yours against her smooth brown hair.

"I'm just fine, Angels. Mission accomplished? "

"I think the client was... blown away," Dylan smiled. You all stopped, glancing at one another before breaking out in a fit of giggles. You knew, wherever he was, Charlie was smiling along with you.

"Eric Knox was born John McKenn. It seems his life mission was to bring me down. His father was in my Army Intelligence unit, working as a double agent. When he was discovered, the other side killed him," Charlie explained as you and the girls lounged on pool seats. You and the angels, along with Bosley, were relaxing on a gorgeous beach, the same beach where Charlie's framed photo of you was taken. The sun was bright, and you enjoyed the salty breeze that whisped over your exposed skin.

"Well, I guess that's not the story Knox heard," Dylan chimed in, swirling her straw in her drink

"Charlie, I've really enjoyed working on this assignment...and I eagerly anticipate returning to work," Bosley said, making all of you chuckle.

"Bosley's had one too many Buddhas!" you giggled, the others doubling over.

"Bosley's definitely had few."

"I already have a team rebuilding the office. It'll be better than new by the time you get back," Charlie stated.

"Thank you, Charlie!" you and the angels chorused, smiling.

"Is there any chance that you'll be joining us, Charlie?" you asked.

"I'd love to, angels. But I have some precious treasures to watch over."

"Come on, Charlie, we'll make it fun," Alex snickered.

As you smiled along with the girls, a sudden feeling had urged you to turn. So, you followed your instinct, as it was usually right, just in time to see a man, clad in a blue Hawaiian button up and cream pants walking off, a phone pressed to his ear.

The girl's voices brought you back as you turned again, eyes narrowed in wonder. "How will we ever know you truly exist unless you come down here and have a coconut with us?" you heard Nat question as the others giggled.

"Faith, Angels. It's called faith." 

You smiled, glancing to the girls as they returned the action. "To Charlie," you said.

"To Charlie."

"To Charlie."

"To Charlie."

"To Charlie."

You giggled as Bosley leaned forward but spilled the drink and the chair over. "Let me toast you ladies with some ice cubes!" He stood up, pouring whatever was rest in the Buddha cup before running off. You squealed with laughter, chasing after him with the girls.

You raced him to the ocean as you ran around, splashing one another with the cool water. You felt all your best and most precious emotions you could only ever feel with these girls swirling up inside you as Natalie hugged onto your arm, Dylan latching herself to your back and Alex holding tight onto your hand.

I love being an angel.