Two <3

8:43 A.M.
Saturday

"Hey, Mare," I said as I walked into the kitchen ready to make breakfast for myself.

"Yes, babe," She replied taking a sip of her coffee.

Unlike Vinnie and I, Mare has lived in the city her whole life. I grew up in a small town in Virginia and Vinnie grew up in Seattle.

I met Mare when I was 13 in a Harry Potter chat room. We kept in touch for years, telling each other everything. To every breakup to family vacation, she was there to hear about it. I never told Mare I was moving to the city. I just showed up at her family's middle-eastern restaurant and surprised her. A few months later she asked me to move in with her.

"Well last night I was scrolling through Backstage Casting," I said smiling, Mare nodded waiting for me to continue. "So I found an open call for females, 18-35, for a new makeup brand."

"Lana that sounds amazing! You're going right?" Mare said genuinely happy for me. She knows I've always wanted to be a model. Mare is the type of person to be happy and proud of someone even if she got the short end of the stick.

"Yes, of course, I'm going. But, not without you."

"What?" Mare said looking very confused.

I walked over to Mare and held both her hands, "Mare Hassan, you are the sweetest, prettiest, most kind-hearted person I know. You deserve a chance like this as much as I do, probably even more."

"Lana, I don't know what to say right now," she said.

"Say yes! Please Mare, even if only one of us gets a deal we'll still be happy for each other." I said smiling ear to ear.

"Fine, I can't say no to you Alana."

"Mare I fucking love you."

"I fucking love you too Lana," Mare replied.

I stepped around her to get to the kitchen. I pulled out a few pans. Pancakes? Omelet?

"Good morning ladies," I heard Vinnie's voice behind me.

"Morning playboy," Mare said.

I felt arms wrap around my waist, "Alana, can you please make me cinnamon roll pancakes. I'll pick up dinner for us tonight, all on me. please," Vinnie begged, laying his head in the crook of my neck.

"Two nights, and you'll get boba with me later. they take a long time to make and I'm busy today," I replied as I turned my head to see him.

He stared at me for a minute and drew his eyes to slits, "deal."

I got all my ingredients out. I needed Bisquick, milk, and vanilla extract for the pancakes. As for the cinnamon part I needed cinnamon, sugar, butter, and honey. Then lastly, the cream cheese glaze after they are done. Which uses cream cheese, milk, and powdered sugar.

I mix everything and put the pancake batter in the pan. I pour a swirl of the cinnamon mixture onto the pancake and flip it. After it's done cooking I pour glaze on top of the pancake and it's done.

I make three plates and carry them to the dining room.

I set down Vinnie's plate last and he looks up at me, "Thank you chef Alana, you are forever in my debts."

I smile while sitting down. My mom used to make these pancakes for my brother and me when we were younger. I made them the first-day Vinnie moved in because I was missing her.

My mom and dad are fully American. They decided to adopt in their late twenties because they wanted to give a child in need a home. They always had the ability to have children but they knew how many kids were in foster care and just alone. That's how they found me, I was living in India. All I know about my birth parents is they didn't want me. My brother is still in high school and he is from Korea. His parents actually just wanted a better life for him and couldn't provide that.

"So what are you doing today, Alana, you're never busy on a Saturday," Vinnie asked with a mouthful of food.

"Mare and I are going to an open call modeling job."

His eyes widened, "That's awesome, are they looking for handsome young lads as well?" He asked with one eyebrow raised.

"It's for a makeup company, dumbass," Mare laughed.

"I don't mind," Vinnie replied shrugging his shoulders.

I decided to wear plain jeans and a white tee shirt. I only put on eyeliner, mascara, and nude lipstick on. I kept my look plain.

Mare wore all white with a pink hijab. She kept her makeup simple as well.

"You ready?" I asked Mare.

She nodded her head.

"We have to get a taxi, the walk is three hours."

"That's fine, this hijab is too warm to be walking a lot anyway," said grabbing her purse.

We walked out of the lobby and hailed a taxi.

The ride was about 25 minutes. We got out in front of a huge office building.

Mare grabbed my hand and said, "It's now or never babe."

How we feeling ab chapter two? IM GOING TO HAVE SO MUCH FUN WRITING NEXT CHAPTER AHHHH. fasten your seatbelts it's going to be a bumpy ride. love you!
-kat <33