𝐀𝐂𝐓 ⁰⁰⁴ : 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐦𝐞?

ACT ⁰⁰⁴ : why me?

"This is your 'really good restaurant'?" I asked as I looked up to the famous Subway logo.

"Subway is really good!" He raised his opinion and I agreed by nodding my head. "You don't like it?"

"I love it! Besides, I was craving something healthy and delicious," I replied.

We got in together and gave our orders. Soobin gasped when I told the subway lady to add extra jalapenos and red chilly sauce.

"They are tasty," We communicated in a low voice about the jalapenos.

"They are spicy..."

"Spicy is tasty!"

"No..."

After receiving our order, we took a seat. We talked about a couple of things. I told him about my mom's old cassettes. He told me about how he ended up taking a music major.

He loved listening to music but was never a singer when he was younger. He hated sitting in one place in front of a book. Soobin said that after almost failing a class in which he worked day and night, he made up his mind for not regretting life anymore and sing. I asked him to sing for me once... sometime later.

"What about you?" Soobin asked.

"I play the piano," I started, and after seeing his curious expression, I continued, "Ever since I was little, my parents were freqeuntly busy because of work. I am not complaining about it. Because of my parents, I can achieve my dreams and lead a comfortable life. But whenever I was alone, my grandmother used to watch me. I used to try to play the piano in my living room. Even though I had no idea how to, I used to play each key over and over again. People might find that annoying, but for me, the sound of the piano was calming. I started learning it after four years though. About when I was twelve..."

"Wow. I was fourteen when I started singing."

As we continued our talks with occasional intervals, the sun had set completely, leaving the world around us in the dark. The street lights, cars' headlights, and the lights in the rooms of the building and stores lit up the place. The snow was falling from the clouds, light as feathers.

We headed out. Soobin glanced at his phone and gasped loudly.

"What happened?" I asked as I shivered from the cold.

"We missed our bus by ten minutes..." He said, still looking down at the phone. "It won't be here for another two hours."

"How do you the bus timings of this place?"

"I used to live here," He answered.

"We can take the taxi. If we ride together, it won't cost as much," I suggested.

"You are right... I have my part-time job too. Taxi seems like the only option," Soobin said.

We took a taxi and headed to our place. It was almost twenty minutes from here if we traveled by car. I looked out of one window and Soobin looked out of the other. We didn't utter a word the whole ride, but it wasn't awkward. I was feeling sleepy again (I know, I am lazy). I wanted to get home and take a good nap in my cozy bed.

Soobin and I got off at the convenience store he worked. I knew that store, but I never used to step out of my house unless in an emergency. I was unaware that Soobin worked here.

The convenience store was the biggest one in our locality and mom probably did buy everything from here. That also meant that my favorite mint chocolate milk is found here. No other store around us sold the mint choco milk.